Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-09-2009, 07:05 AM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Adobe Contents Server 4 - programmer required

Hi Guys.

I am investigating Adobe Content Server 4 as a delivery platform for eBooks. I know its not ideal for many reasons, and no-one likes drm, but its the most publisher friendly system out there right now.
I want to use it to enable much better labelling of titles, series, genres etc, to allow self-publishing in the main stream and to assemble a non-US-centric catlogue of titles at reasonable prices and excellent quality ePubs. I also want authors to get a fairer share of the pie.

I currently operate an eBook retail business but would like to move into the distribution/wholesale side of things.

I am finding it difficult to locate anyone who has experience with the software both in terms of installing the software and designing the delivery side of things as well.

So, I thought I would come to the experts!

Basically, I need someone experienced to outline to me what the process of installation involves as well as a rough estimate of time and cost of same. I would also like them to describe how they would develop an efficient and easy to understand integration process with interested retail websites for safe and secure delivery of the Epubs and PDF's.

All this would be with a view to awarding the best candidate the contract to implement their plans.

I realise peoples time is valuable, so I assure you I am not here to waste time or effort, and I would appreciate the same from any applicants. I require only serious individuals/companies who have already installed or are currently installing the content server.

Thank you in advance for your time.

Gareth Cuddy
Founder
Directebooks.com
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Unfortunately I don't believe you are going to have much luck with this, since at this point there isn't a large developer community built up around ACS4. The people who have experience with ACS4 are either the IT staff that are working for a company that uses ACS4 or (like me) work for Adobe. The one exception that I know of is Bluefire, which does some consulting for Adobe.

I would suggest that you look for a programmer (that's a must) knowledgeable in setting up e-commerce website using a technology that's compatible with whatever infrastructure you currently have, and then worry about integrating ACS4.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 11-09-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Hi Jim.

thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.

I figured I wouldnt have much luck, I'm just a little nervous about dealing with someone who has no experience with acs4. having said that, we all have to learn somewhere, right!
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote