Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #1
Arjen
Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: iPhone
Centered and right aligned text for Stanza on iPhone

I've tried to find the answer by searching in the MobileRead forums, but haven't been able to find it

I'm currently trying to convert an ebook from HTML (exported by Word) to EPUB. Using Sigil I was able to convert the entire book to EPUB compatible HTML in minutes.

Now on to my problem:

Text in styles <h1>, <h2> etc all have the attribute text-align:center;

<h1> and <h2> are used for book title and chapter titles (eg. <h2>Chapter I</h2>), and are displayed centered in Stanza.

I also have a

p.centered, div.centered {text-align:center;}

in my CSS, but any paragraph formatted with

<p class="centered"> or <div class="centered">

is still displayed left aligned.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I'm afraid you're doing nothing wrong but Stanza i.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-05-2009, 07:09 AM   #3
Arjen
Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.Arjen puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: iPhone
Hi Terisa

Thanks for the quick reply. If it's really Stanza, and it lacks support for basic formatting like this, than this is not an acceptable ebookreader for me anymore.

Is there an ebookreader for the iPhone that has better epub support? I know there's a commercial application called Bookshelf, but I have no idea whether or not this application has better support for the epub format. Anyone?
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:29 PM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
It is a Stanza issue-I brought it up on their forum a couple weeks ago:

http://www.lexcycle.com/node/1625
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I haven't used it, sorry.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
noname879
noname879 began at the beginning.

Device: ipod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjen View Post
I've tried to find the answer by searching in the MobileRead forums, but haven't been able to find it

I'm currently trying to convert an ebook from HTML (exported by Word) to EPUB. Using Sigil I was able to convert the entire book to EPUB compatible HTML in minutes.

Now on to my problem:

Text in styles <h1>, <h2> etc all have the attribute text-align:center;

<h1> and <h2> are used for book title and chapter titles (eg. <h2>Chapter I</h2>), and are displayed centered in Stanza.

I also have a

p.centered, div.centered {text-align:center;}

in my CSS, but any paragraph formatted with

<p class="centered"> or <div class="centered">

is still displayed left aligned.

Can anyone shed some light on what I might be doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
use "!important", it will work in stanza.
like:
p.centered, div.centered {text-align: center !important;}
noname879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #7
sjkramer
Connoisseur
sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sjkramer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone
I've noticed this too—and the strange thing is that I'm fairly certain that Stanza used to recognize centering. Could some css recognition have been dropped in the most recent Stanza upgrade? I tried a bit to add !important designations to these, without luck. But I didn't do it very scientifically, so I don't want to categorically say that it has no effect.
sjkramer is offline   Reply With Quote