Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 04:18 PM   #1
bookmunkie
bookmunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko on my T-Mobile G1
Hey There

Hey, guys. I'm joining the forums to try and get some epub conversion questions answered, but hopefully I'll get a lot more use out of it than just that.

I recently switched to formatting my books in epub rather than ereader, since ereader still doesn't have any software for Google's Android OS for phones like my T-Mobile G1. I've quickly grown to love epub over ereader now and will probably continue to use it even on devices with ereader software available. Especially since calibre makes creating epub files so much easier than all the tedium of manually PML tagging files to be converted to ereader with DropBook. The only feature I miss from ereader is its ability to create and use dictionaries.

Anyways, I'm glad to be a member of the forum and look forward to perusing all of your knowledge
bookmunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bookmunkie and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Hi bookmunkie - welcome to MobileRead.

There are loads of epub advocates here, it looks set to be the format of choice in the future. I'm sure they'll be happy to welcome you to the fold.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, bookmunkie!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:26 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 05:43 PM   #6
bookmunkie
bookmunkie began at the beginning.

Device: Aldiko on my T-Mobile G1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
There are loads of epub advocates here, it looks set to be the format of choice in the future. I'm sure they'll be happy to welcome you to the fold.
The only problem with epub is it's lack of a dictionary feature like eReader has. I'm thinking that that could be more a problem with reader software, though, than the format itself. Maybe that could be a future project for me.
bookmunkie is offline   Reply With Quote