Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
Wes
Wes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Edition, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, and Sony PRS700
Talking New member here!

Hello all,

For many years I have been following the ebook scene. Just a couple of days ago I finally took the plunge and bought an ebook. I decided on the Sony PRS700. I hope to have many enjoyable hours with it and I look forward to taking advantage of the abundance of knowledge present on this forum. Hopefully, as my knowledge increases I can in turn return the favor to those in need in the future!

About me:

I am 43, a retired network administrator, live on the Chesapeake Bay, and I enjoy fishing, boating, building Windows Home Servers, and of course reading!

Wes
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Hello, Wes, and welcome to MobileRead.

Lots of friendly helpful people here........don''t hesitate to ask questions, or to join in on any thread that interests you.

Also, check out the thousands of books we have here free for you to download.........all lovingly formatted by our own members.

Enjoy!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Wes
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #4
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Hello, and congrats on your new 700! For your membership fee, please send me a dozen crabs. Thanks
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:35 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Hello, and congrats on your new 700! For your membership fee, please send me a dozen crabs. Thanks
Lilac! For shame!!!! (better share those with me.....)
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2009, 02:50 AM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
wahooo!! congrats on your most recent acquisition! And Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to be!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Wes and welcome to MobileRead. If it's not too far out of your way, we're having a DC area Meet Up on 27 June in Alexandria, VA. Details here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46387

Do let us know if you can make it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #8
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Hello Wes -- I want to add my welcome to those you've already received. I wish I could have retired by age 43. I'm older than that and still working -- probably for at least another 5 years if not more. But I'm not letting my job interfere with my reading on my Kindle or Sony 505.

I feel sure that you'll find many happy hours using your Sony 700. If you enjoy reading classics -- or if you just want to pick up some of those books you should have read years ago -- check out the large number of books in Sony BBeB (.lrf) format available in the MobileRead "library". There's also a growing number of books in .ePub format that can also be read on your Sony reader.

We're a friendly group -- most of the time -- and like to visit and have fun together online. I'm glad you've joined us.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #9
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Hello all,

For many years I have been following the ebook scene. Just a couple of days ago I finally took the plunge and bought an ebook. I decided on the Sony PRS700. I hope to have many enjoyable hours with it and I look forward to taking advantage of the abundance of knowledge present on this forum. Hopefully, as my knowledge increases I can in turn return the favor to those in need in the future!

About me:

I am 43, a retired network administrator, live on the Chesapeake Bay, and I enjoy fishing, boating, building Windows Home Servers, and of course reading!

Wes
I'm so jealous! I remeber the day way back when when i was super excited to red everything I could on my PRS!... now I ignore it cuz I spend wayy too much time on this site llounging around...

WELCOME!!! and I will ditto everything said before...
here you can: find more info
get free books
get help
make friends
and laugh out loud!
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 01:14 AM   #10
Wes
Wes began at the beginning.

Device: Nook 1st Edition, Nook Color, Nook Simple Touch, and Sony PRS700
Thanks to all for the generous comments and welcome. I look forward to spending time on this site getting to know everyone and learning how best to use my new reader. I am most curious now to learn the proper way to convert PDF to LRF format as I have a large collection of technical PDF documents I would like to carry with me on the reader.
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote