Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #1
E.M.
E.M. began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
Help with PDF merging

Hi there...
I am new to this forum, I got DR1000S and I use it mainly to read medical journal articles in PDF format, I make notes and underline while reading, when I merge to new PDF file the results is not correct, the underline is several lines under and to the left, and the notes also the same, any solution to this problem?... my other question is about battery life... when reading and using the stylus the battery life is only 3 hrs or so, is this normal?
I am using companion 2.0, and firmware 1.5.
I appreciate any help and Thank you
E.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #2
pthwaite
Fanatic
pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.pthwaite has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000S Sony PRS505 iPad iPhone
The scribbling is not perfect and neither is iRex's merging. I woud suggest trying the merge programme Thomega has developed. If you do a search in the DR1000 forum you should find it. There are versions available for the MAC and Windows now.

Battery life is still not ideal and it will always be used up if you do a lot of work with the stylus. Your experiences are typical I think for extensive stylus use. Things may improve further with version 1.6 though.
pthwaite is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
E.M.
E.M. began at the beginning.

Device: DR1000S
I found where is the problem and here is the solution.... all my PDFs are medical journals articles and they are in letter format, so I changed the format to A4 and that fixed the problem, now the underline and notes are where they should be when I merge the PDF files... hope this is helpful for any one who has the same problem.
E.M. is offline   Reply With Quote