Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2009, 09:14 PM   #1
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
Multiple html (zip) conversion no longer works

This may have been answered but I've been unable to find any current threads about it.

Since the most recent version updates, I am unable to create books from multiple html files. The zip file is created but after converting the file, the hyperlinks don't work.

Here is an example of what used to work...

<html>
<body>
<h1>Table of Contents</h1>
<p style="text-indent:0pt">
<a href="/Users/Katelyn/Downloads/jp_vampireclarion1.html">Part 1</a><br/>
<a href="/Users/Katelyn/Downloads/jp_vampireclarion2.html">Part 2</a><br/>
<a href="/Users/Katelyn/Downloads/jp_vampireclarion3.html">Part 2</a><br/>
</p>
</body>
</html>

What changes do I need to make to get this working again?

Thanks!
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
As far as I know, this should still work. Open a ticket and attach one of these files and I'll take a look. (you can create a simple two file test case that doesn't work as expected)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
Katelyn
Addict
Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Katelyn has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocketbook 360, Iphone 3g, Sony 505, REB1200, GEB1150
I'm not sure what the problem was but I was able to get a few files to work. I uninstalled Calibre and reinstalled. At first, when I clicked the convert button I was getting a pop up similar to this (basically the file text in a super large font). There were a few odd characters preceding the text but I don't remember what they were. I messed around until I was finally able to get the conversion box to work again. Very odd indeed. Hopefully, it's cleared up and won't return.

<html>
<body>
<h1>Table of Contents</h1>
<p style="text-indent:0pt">
<a href="/Documents and Settings/kmacri/
My Documents/Downloads/elainekinney_acharmedlife1.html">Part 1</a><br>
<a href="/Documents and Settings/
kmacri/My Documents/Downloads/elainekinney_acharmedlife2.html">Part 2</a><br>
</p>
</body>
</html>
Katelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:35 AM   #4
upsidown
upsidown began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I'm having a similar problem. I've created the index.html file

<html>
<body>
<a href='./files/page_1.html'>page_1</a><br />
<a href='./files/page_2.html'>page_2</a><br />
<a href='./files/page_3.html'>page_3</a><br />
</body>
</html>

and added it to calibre. As far as I can tell, it created the zip file ok. But the conversion process gets stuck at 67%. Any idea why?
upsidown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:52 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remove the leading ./ from the file path in the href element
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert