Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
HTML2LRF and inline pictures

I wonder: How exactly does HTML2LRF decide what to do with pictures? I have a book where there is a paragraph with several inline pictures (running as a part of the text). All images are done with exactly the same HTML code (except for a different SRC and ALT, obviously), yet HTML2LRF treats some as inline and others as block (breaking the paragraph before and after).
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:55 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It's based on image size relative to page size
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Can I somehow force HTML2LRF to keep some images (identified by ID, CLASS, whatever) inline? Even ALL images would be fine if it was an option, e.g. --keep-all-images-inline - after all, I can always change images to blocks if I need to by putting them inside DIV or P tags.
Old 11-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

At the moment there isn't.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:23 AM   #5
pepak
Guru

"At the moment"? Dare I hope for this function in future versions? :-)
Advert
Old 11-26-2008, 03:23 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

why dont you just switch to epub output?
Old 11-26-2008, 04:32 AM   #7
pepak
Guru

Because EPUB is slower to display than LRF, the intra-document links are extremely slow compared to intra-document links in LRF and the text is not justified on my PRS-505.

It makes no difference to me which format is "more readable" or "more compatible" since I keep the original files in pure HTML and batch-convert them as needed - so if a better support for EPUB comes out in future firmware, I will simply run one command ang get all my books converted to the new format. But at the moment, LRF is simply better.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:48 PM   #8
Phonella
Enthusiast
Phonella began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS700
Hi, I'm having the same problem with inline images as Pepak.

Won't you please consider giving us more control over image placement with lrf?

If that's not possible could you please tell me the image dimensions that will cause a page break? I have an image that fills less than 1/2 of the page and yet it still causes a new page. I really want it to stay inline.
Phonella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:22 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Page break only happens if the image is > 375 pixels in height. If you're seeing a page break for a small image, it's happening for some other reason
Old 01-21-2009, 10:30 PM   #10
Phonella
Enthusiast

Thanks for that information! It would be nice to have a little more control though, sometimes several lines of text could easily follow that size of image.

Btw my image was 400px in height.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:50 PM   #11
Phonella
Enthusiast

Hi again,

I have an image that is 463 x 136 pixels and no matter what I do I cannot get it to center horizontally. I have smaller pixel width images and they center just fine -- is there a magic pixel width to get an image to center?

PS. Have tried CSS img {text-align: center; }, div=align center and using an inline style on the img tag (as in your demo): style= "text align: center" but nothing seems to be able to center this image.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:49 PM   #12
Phonella
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonella View Post
Hi again,

I have an image that is 463 x 136 pixels and no matter what I do I cannot get it to center horizontally. I have smaller pixel width images and they center just fine -- is there a magic pixel width to get an image to center?

PS. Have tried CSS img {text-align: center; }, div=align center and using an inline style on the img tag (as in your demo): style= "text align: center" but nothing seems to be able to center this image.
After some testing it appears that the "magic number" for centering an image of a small height (136px) is 450px. 450px centers nicely; 451px is pushed over to the left side (as is the original 463px).
Old 02-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
bump!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote