Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 11:49 AM   #46
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
Could you please add a quick-button to toggle between Sketch and Eraser in the "Skribble" Tool? This should be no big thing but would ease using "Skribble" a lot.
There is Sketch button and Eraser button on editation toolbar. What else would you need?

If you want toggle button on another toolbar than editation one then I guess it is not the right path to the solution. Others would like different setups.... It is not possible to satisfy all needs....

User definable toolbar, or intelligent self-learning toolbar would be the right path to satisfy versatile users needs. But I do not know if it is technically possible to implement and if yes, if it is not very difficult to implement it.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #47
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
I agree. For example I use a lot the dictionary and the highlighting tool. I guess that each person has its most used tools, so user definable toolbar or showing the most used tools would be great. But maybe it's too difficult...
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #48
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
In the i62hd updates thread there are wishes too about Coolread and Fbreader
I hope booxtor read it too
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:16 AM   #49
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolo View Post
In the i62hd updates thread there are wishes too about Coolread and Fbreader
I hope booxtor read it too
I wish too to have have some better epub reader, but the developpement of FBReader is frozen for Linux ... I've proposed to improve the support of epub by the PDFreader : setting of margin, fonts.
I don't know the status for Coolreader.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 AM   #50
Manolo
Addict
Manolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-booksManolo has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo AuraH2O & Onyx i62HD & M92
Fbreader for linux WAS frozen for two years. But development continues now
Not sure about Coolreader
Manolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-17-2013, 07:40 AM   #51
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
My wishes for a new firmware:

- a shortcut to the main window (that is, the window you are in when you switch on the reader). It should be placed somewhere in the menu you get pressing the home button (may be in the last line, the one with suspend/close?) This should be not difficult, I think.

- multitasking. I.e., the possibility to open more than one file contemporaneously and being able to switch between them. This, perhaps, is more difficult.
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:55 AM   #52
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

It is already implemented for long time. Long press of Back button moves you to Main screen.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #53
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Oooops...

Thanks!

So, one wish left...
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #54
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: see signature
Scribble function - it's almost there!

I have been trying to use my M92 for taking notes at work for the past few weeks (again). My conclusion is that the device, sadly, is still barely suitable for the purpose. I have tried the built-in Scribble function, the workaround of writing on pre-loaded pdf, and peterx's Scribble tool.
Here I want to focus on the built-in Scribble function, because it has gained some useful functionality recently, and is now very close to being usable! What is missing, in my opinion:
1. Search function (to search for filenames) - CRITICAL
2. Sort function, allowing sorting by filename (asc and desc) - CRITICAL
3. Direct access to scribble files via usb (without needing to export first) - IMPORTANT.
This function is very well implemented on the Irex Iliad, which uses png images stored in folders, which can be viewed on or copied to a pc without the need for export/conversion/additional software.
I know 3. may be difficult, but can we at least have 1. and 2. please? I hereby pledge that as soon as those are implemented, I will switch from my Iliad and also order a white M92 from booxtor for my wife
Jmirko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:26 AM   #55
Mono
Mono

There is sorting by filename. But only if you switch off using the document tags.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #56
underscore
Addict
underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.underscore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Nova 2, Kingrow K1 (former N96 ML/i86ML Plus/M92)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmirko View Post
I have been trying to use my M92 for taking notes at work for the past few weeks (again). My conclusion is that the device,
I will never understand how you are able to do something more than some bare underlining using that pen on that screen
underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:31 PM   #57
revink
revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revink , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: onyx boox m92
Sorry if I stress it again, but on top of my wishlist, being quite vital since I use the m92 to study, there is that an underline tool together with an highlight of with a different color could be implemented in the pdf reader. When I highlight with the default black color the highlighted text is not readable until the page refresh, and using the scribble is quite complex if for example like me you study on the tube, and anyway it always gets too messy.
So underline like on any text editor would be much appreciated! Will it be too difficult to add? Hope not
Many thanks!!!
revink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:21 AM   #58
Jmirko
Recovered collector
Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jmirko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono View Post
There is sorting by filename. But only if you switch off using the document tags.
Thanks Mono, that's great news, but how do you do that? I could not find such a setting anywhere: the device itself, the manual, the wiki...
Old 05-29-2013, 03:53 AM   #59
Ayla7
Connoisseur
Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.Ayla7 has rectified all his or her action issues with transformational deconfliction.

Device: Onyx Boox i62HD
In the main menu, go to settings and then to "View Title Setting". Set it to "display file name" instead of "display book title".
Ayla7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:09 AM   #60
Jmirko
Recovered collector

I have always used this setting and just confirmed that it is set to "display file name". Yet the sort option is not available in the Scribble function.