Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #721
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvolbrecht View Post
As I do not access the KT - no USB connection - I can not know if this file is created ...
This is the snake that bites its own tail ...
Of course not. And unless you have telnet enabled, you won't be able to get at it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 03:17 AM   #722
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
was going to update my touch(original) but has anyone with the original had usb issues?
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2013, 03:46 AM   #723
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I have installed 3.1.0 and now 3.1.1 on my N905 Touch with no problems at all.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:15 PM   #724
ilanarama
ilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
was going to update my touch(original) but has anyone with the original had usb issues?
Yeah, me. It updated upon sync. I don't know what to do now since my touch (I assume it's original? It's the old 'quilted back' touch) isn't recognized by my computer any more.
ilanarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:40 PM   #725
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanarama View Post
Yeah, me. It updated upon sync. I don't know what to do now since my touch (I assume it's original? It's the old 'quilted back' touch) isn't recognized by my computer any more.
Ooops if this has already been tried .... Have you tried a stick pin re-set?

At the bottom of the device there should be a small hole - stick a pin gently into that until you feel the push in and then release.

That should re-set your device.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2013, 09:43 PM   #726
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Ooops if this has already been tried .... Have you tried a stick pin re-set?

At the bottom of the device there should be a small hole - stick a pin gently into that until you feel the push in and then release.

That should re-set your device.
One minor caveat; when the device attaches via WiFi or USB to Kobo Desktop it will retry an upgrade..
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:35 PM   #727
ilanarama
ilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of lightilanarama is a glorious beacon of light

I forgot about the pin reset, so I did it - but the firmware's still the same, and it still won't talk to my computer (or rather, vice versa). Woe is me. I only ever put books on it using drag-and-drop into its disk folder (I have never bought a book from Kobo - I mostly read library books and epubified web documents) so I am dead in the water (other than the stuff I have currently loaded).
Old 12-16-2013, 11:11 PM   #728
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Factory Reset?
Old 12-17-2013, 01:38 PM   #729
ilanarama

I'm kind of afraid to, because I'll lose all my books on there (they are on my computer, but then I won't be able to add anything and won't have a useful reader!) but I will if I must. Does a factory reset change the firmware, though?

BTW I sent an email to Kobo help and they suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the Kobo Desktop App on my computer, which I knew would be useless since I basically never use it, but I did it anyway and unsurprisingly there was no effect. They have not yet replied to my response.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:27 PM   #730
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

The factory reset takesvit back to the original f/w level the device had when manufactured.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:40 PM   #731
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
I'm kind of afraid to, because I'll lose all my books on there (they are on my computer, but then I won't be able to add anything and won't have a useful reader!) but I will if I must. Does a factory reset change the firmware, though?
You could use the device's web browser to download your books from Calibre via wifi. This would at least keep you reading until a fix is available.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #732
ilanarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
You could use the device's web browser to download your books from Calibre via wifi. This would at least keep you reading until a fix is available.
Can you explain this, or point me to an explanation? I do sometimes use Calibre, but I don't understand how I would use the browser to get books that way.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #733
ilanarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The factory reset takesvit back to the original f/w level the device had when manufactured.
Oh, boy, that would be an ooooold one then! But okay, I will try this after I finish reading my current book.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:24 AM   #734
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Can you explain this, or point me to an explanation? I do sometimes use Calibre, but I don't understand how I would use the browser to get books that way.
Turn on Calibre's content server (Connect/Share > Start Content Server), check the address and port it is using (Connect/Share), and then visit the URL ADDRESS:PORT in the browser.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #735
ilanarama

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Turn on Calibre's content server (Connect/Share > Start Content Server), check the address and port it is using (Connect/Share), and then visit the URL ADDRESS:PORT in the browser.
Eeee! This worked!

I am embarrassed to say I never realized calibre could do this, because the default window size did not extend to the Connect/share and Preferences tabs, and I never noticed the little >> for more!

I am still annoyed by the problem, but now it is less of a problem.