Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-15-2013, 05:03 PM   #331
HACB
HACB began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX Boox I62HD Firefly
Hi i would also say some Ideas.

Maybe a user Programmable push-buttons on the edge. Like the right side only forward and the left side only backwards or the other way round.

And i found out, if i open a protected PDF with the password, the device never forget it. I think that make the "security" useless. Everyone could read once opened protected PDF files if you loose the device.
HACB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #332
ChristineGER
Enthusiast
ChristineGER began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I support this idea strongly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
Dear Booxtor, I was thinking I would like a menu button that disables the infrared.
When I simply read novels, I don't need to touch the screen; moreover it's frustrating always be careful to not touch the screen with anything.
So I think that a simple button inside the reader to disable the infrared would be nice. And to reactivate, just click home button.
cheers
ChristineGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #333
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O 1st. gen. Libra 2
well I touch the screen a lot while reading cause I use the dictionary a lot, just saying
yayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #334
szlevi
Enthusiast
szlevi began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox i62 HD
The proxy misery has just been solved, but another challange has come up. My home page in the browser is google, and when tapping in the search box, the virtual keyboard does not appear. So I can't make searches. If I can remember well, this problem had not been present before upgrading to the new firmware (04/29). Do you experience the same?
Thank you!
szlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:17 AM   #335
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
When is the long ago announced decent, modernized and updated graphical user interface for the firefly finally due, Booxtor?
Yes, please, when ?
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 AM   #336
szlevi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
The proxy misery has just been solved, but another challange has come up. My home page in the browser is google, and when tapping in the search box, the virtual keyboard does not appear. So I can't make searches. If I can remember well, this problem had not been present before upgrading to the new firmware (04/29). Do you experience the same?
Thank you!
Could you try it for me, please on your own devices?
I can hardly use the browser given these conditions.
Thank you!
Old 05-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #337
kteevee
kteevee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox I62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthemood View Post
Yes, please, when ?
Yes, when? Looking forward..
kteevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #338
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by szlevi View Post
Could you try it for me, please on your own devices?
I can hardly use the browser given these conditions.
Thank you!
I use the multi-task version, and browser works fine with google
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #339
szlevi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inemi View Post
I use the multi-task version, and browser works fine with google
Hello Inemi,

Thanks you!

So it seems that this problem is not present on every device..
(I use the multi-task version, too.)

Don't know what to do..
Greetings,
Levente
Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 AM   #340
yayo
Groupie
yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yayo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same problem here, no virtual keyboard after tapping the Google search box.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:17 AM   #341
Inemi
Connoisseur
Inemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toysInemi shares his or her toys

Device: Boox i62HD
try don't use the mobile mode
Inemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #342
yayo
Groupie

1.Re-flashed latest Booxtors firmware, multitasker not installed, virtual keyboard works in Google.
2.Reinstalled multitasker virtual keyboard doesn't work in Google's search window.
Not using mobile mode.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #343
szlevi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
1.Re-flashed latest Booxtors firmware, multitasker not installed, virtual keyboard works in Google.
2.Reinstalled multitasker virtual keyboard doesn't work in Google's search window.
Not using mobile mode.
Thank you Inemi and Yayo!
So I'll try to reinstall the firmware.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:15 AM   #344
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayo View Post
Not using mobile mode.
Bug confirmed. A fix will be available soon.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #345
szlevi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Bug confirmed. A fix will be available soon.
Thank you, Booxtor!
Great news!