Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Don't judge a book by its title?

I have no idea what this is like, but I couldn't resist the title. Appears to be free on Amazon main and UK at least.
plib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Bikeridr
Information Acquirer
Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bikeridr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 International, Pocketbook Color
Not free for Europeans. Not sure for UKans though..
Bikeridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #3
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
I have no idea what this is like, but I couldn't resist the title. Appears to be free on Amazon main and UK at least.
Thanks. Would be interested to hear if you think it's worth reading. Title and blurb are intriguing...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 AM   #4
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Thanks. Would be interested to hear if you think it's worth reading. Title and blurb are intriguing...
I haven't read it yet and likely won't for a while, I'm in the middle of a long series catchup. But it's a free download so why not grab it and see if it appeals to you. The author deserves points for the title even if the content doesn't quite live up to the hook and he does appear to have produced quite a number of works, some of which also display a knack for catchy titles.

Last edited by plib; 03-30-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #5
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I took a look. It's a rant, not even a funny one. Zizzzz. Nice thought, but te book is tedious
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plib View Post
I haven't read it yet and likely won't for a while, I'm in the middle of a long series catchup. But it's a free download so why not grab it and see if it appeals to you. The author deserves points for the title even if the content doesn't quite live up to the hook and he does appear to have produced quite a number of works, some of which also display a knack for catchy titles.
Fair point. I might well do that. Just trying to keep my TBR to a manageable level...
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
plib
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
I took a look. It's a rant, not even a funny one. Zizzzz. Nice thought, but te book is tedious
Oh well. Guess I picked the right title for the thread then.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #8
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
That's exactly what I was worried it might be.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Not free in the UK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:41 PM   #10
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
Well, it was free in the UK when I got it but it wasn't worth the effort of downloading it. Bad books use the same amount of your life as good ones do......
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 05:58 PM   #11
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
If a title doesn't say/hint/indicate something about what the books about, it is simply an advertising gimmick - to suggest exciting things happen, for example - to get a sale, isn't it ?

Or there is the other possibility of using the title to suggest the book is a worthy, well-written, or erudite work, etc....

I confess I am fairly often "grabbed " by a title, and not necessarily because it tells me what it's about - but whether that's because I read something into said title, I'm not sure.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:37 AM   #12
plib
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
If a title doesn't say/hint/indicate something about what the books about, it is simply an advertising gimmick - to suggest exciting things happen, for example - to get a sale, isn't it ?
There was a blurb which sounded interesting too. I thought it might be on the lines of the Bastard Operator From Hell, episodes of which I have read and found quite funny. That one at least I can recommend.

I admit though that I was taken by the blurb and title and hadn't actually read it when I posted. I have a whole slew of Amazon freebies sitting in the K4PC cloud that I haven't bothered to download and import into Calibre yet. With the meaningless names Amazon gives their books in "\My Kindle Content" it's not easy to figure out which have been added and which haven't. I think I'm going to have to set up an intermediate "Amazon Freebie" library in Calibre to grab them all.

Anyway, probably my bad for not at least skimming the content before posting. Apologies to anyone who wasted their time. However I still like the title.

Last edited by plib; 04-01-2012 at 02:40 AM.