Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-07-2011, 12:56 PM   #31
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It said "Monday November 7th", but not which year...
Ha! I hope the comment is simply a joke and not a reflection on Bookeen's usual practices.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:09 PM   #32
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
It said "Monday November 7th", but not which year...
That is a very good point...
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 01:12 PM   #33
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajewel View Post
Ha! I hope the comment is simply a joke and not a reflection on Bookeen's usual practices.
Well... Given that the Orizon has always claimed to have blue tooth on bookeens website and that it says it is "coming soon" on their blog... and it has been more than a year now!
Old 11-07-2011, 01:41 PM   #34
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Well... Given that the Orizon has always claimed to have blue tooth on bookeens website and that it says it is "coming soon" on their blog... and it has been more than a year now!
That's really too bad. and the fact that there has been no announcement, and Monday the 7th is drawing to a close (and the workday is over) in France.. well, they better have something up before Monday the 7th closes where I live! I've been waiting with baited breath!
Old 11-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #35
rainio
Connoisseur
rainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciserainio juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: none
Last week I stumbled onto play.com who were allowing people to pre-order it - release date 24th November (from memory) and £140.
Should have screen-capped it!
rainio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2011, 03:09 PM   #36
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Press release, only in french for now :

http://bookeen.com/blogfr/innovation-de-bookeen/

150 euros, and 22 november.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 03:50 PM   #37
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Press release, only in french for now :

http://bookeen.com/blogfr/innovation-de-bookeen/

150 euros, and 22 november.
Thanks I wouldn't have seen that! According to their Facebook page the English will not be till tomorrow. Come on Bookeen! If your going to announce a date KEEP IT! How hard can that be?
Anyway any guesses on release date in north America?
Old 11-07-2011, 04:13 PM   #38
seajewel
Fanatic

Yes, thank you for that. Two weeks still seems really far away. I really want hands-on reviews of this thing.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #39
pata
Zealot
pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Thanks I wouldn't have seen that! According to their Facebook page the English will not be till tomorrow. Come on Bookeen! If your going to announce a date KEEP IT! How hard can that be?
Anyway any guesses on release date in north America?
I don't think that's happening... Bookeen was supposed to bring over the Orizon but never got around to it—I also tried to order online but they wouldn't deliver and all my inquiries were rebuffed. At this price it'd be dead on arrival anyway; only mobileread lurkers would think HSIS is worth the premium
pata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:54 PM   #40
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pata View Post
I don't think that's happening... Bookeen was supposed to bring over the Orizon but never got around to it—I also tried to order online but they wouldn't deliver and all my inquiries were rebuffed. At this price it'd be dead on arrival anyway; only mobileread lurkers would think HSIS is worth the premium
What??? Bookeen says they are happy to ship the Orizon anywhere! I live in Canada and I ordered the Orizon and got it delivered no problems.
The price for the Odyssey will probably be about $200 (plus shipping). In my opinion it could be worth it. My main concern is the fact that the firmware on the orizon is not really that good and it is still missing advertised features.
Old 11-08-2011, 02:03 PM   #41
wmaurer
Enthusiast
wmaurer doesn't litterwmaurer doesn't litter

Device: Nook Simple Touch, HTC Desire
The English-language blog has been updated:
http://bookeen.com/blog/innovation-from-bookeen/
wmaurer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 03:29 PM   #42
ThomasK
ThomasK began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
So is the built-in dictionary only in French version and it's Fr-Fr dictionary? Will it be possible to install custom dictionaries like on rooted Nook? It very important feature for me that ereader will be able translate words in a few taps.
ThomasK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM   #43
wmaurer
Enthusiast

No idea about the dictionary. I've posted the question to both their blog and their Facebook page, but they've not responded.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:07 AM   #44
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasK View Post
So is the built-in dictionary only in French version and it's Fr-Fr dictionary? Will it be possible to install custom dictionaries like on rooted Nook? It very important feature for me that ereader will be able translate words in a few taps.
That's a significant issue with ePub - there is no dictionary support defined as a part of the standard, so every manufacturer has to "roll their own". Generally, there is no source of 3rd party dictionaries that one can use.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 04:57 AM   #45
wmaurer
Enthusiast

Yes, but Bookeen have been promising a "made in Bookeen" dictionary format since the 10th of May (see comment from Bookeen Team). I assume this is what they're using for their French dictionary, and I'm hoping they'll release details of this format so that it would be possible to create additional dictionaries from freely available sources.