Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
How to open PDF file directly in ES File Explorer?

I love the function of ES File Explorer to open files shared on LAN. But I cannot open the PDF directly or add to library. Is there any work around whitout copying them over to PE?
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I don't know if this is what you mean, but I just copied some pdfs over my LAN by holding the stylus down on them until menu popped up, then choose copy (can do several before doing the next step), then going back to Local and choosing a folder (I put mine in downloads), hit Menu or hold stylus on blank area (I think!) and hit paste. Once your files are in Local you can add to Library or open them (I think).

Is this what you wanted??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 AM   #3
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I think your problem is from ES File explore not knowing what to do with PDF files anyway, you will have to copy them locally as Filark said and then open up the library app and navigate to them locally, then tap and hold and tap add to library. Hope this helps!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #4
thinredline
Connoisseur
thinredline doesn't litterthinredline doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Pocket Edge, Nookd Simple Touch Glowlight, NGP
Thanks. This is my first time to use Android. I am spoiled by Windows system that can associate file type with programs. Hope Android can do the same thing in the future so that I can find the file and tap it to let it open automatically with default apps.
thinredline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 03:10 PM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Windows doing that is convenient but it is also one of the things that make windows wide open to outside attack, another thing is hiding the file extension so you never know if you clicking on an executable file or not - it's more of a botnet owners paradise than anything else - iamavirus.pdf.exe anyone.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert