Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-18-2010, 10:00 PM   #1
fibrou
Edge User

Storage steps?

I migrated book management to Adobe Digital Editions on my desktop. Although I can see the files in the Digital Editions folder on the eDGe's SD card, I am no longer able to read my books on the eReader, even when I select 'add to library.' Although I can see the books in my library, the files will not open on the eReader when selected.

I have tried numerous work arounds to make it easier to manage books between desktop and eDGe, but so far, not much luck. I have contacted tech support regarding the matter, but for whatever reason, the responses have not helped with file management, e.g. books, pdfs, so between desktop and eDGe.

Anybody have some simlpe steps to get files between desktop and eDGe that allow max use of storage (library and SD) while maximizing eDGe capabilities (mark-up, highlight, etc.)? What steps should I follow?

Thanx in advance for any suggestions.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
fibrou
Edge User

Thanks Boris...

I am not trying to open while connected to the PC. I only wish to sync between PC and desktop so any markups are in the latest version.

Previously, I had files loaded into the Library, and then when I moved things around on my desktop, to move into Adobe Digital Editions, I think things got a little confused. For whatever reason, the eDGe wasn't allowing me to "reload" into the Library without first deleting from the Library. I deleted everything from the Libraray, and then reloaded from the SD, and all seems to be back in order now.

I suppose my "problem" was that I saw book titles in two different places and desired to minimize used storage space. Since the eDGe requires files to be in the Library, though, in order to do markups, I wonder whether that is a duplication of storage space that can be avoided.

Whatever the case...all good now. Thanks again.

Advert