Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-21-2011, 05:18 AM   #1
daveporter
daveporter began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
Downloading ?

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone else have any problems downloading the latest version of Calibre?

I have a very fast adsl2+ connection and rarely have issues - but I've downloaded the last 3 releases and each time it gets to about 33 Meg and starts to slow down and then times out!

And this is both the links available to download! Mighty odd!

cheers, Dave
ps Also tried 3 different browsers now and all the same!

Last edited by daveporter; 04-21-2011 at 05:22 AM.
daveporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:24 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Moderator Notice
Moved to appropriate forum
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
The fact that it happens on both mirrors and with three different browsers points to a problem on your end.
Also, I just tested both downloads, and they ran fine at the maximum speed my line could offer. If you're using a download manager, disable it, especially if you're downloading multiple chunks- those can fight each other on the last few percents, if the manager is poorly written.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:46 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveporter View Post
Does anyone else have any problems downloading the latest version of Calibre?
I have been fortunate, with the exception of the sourceforge slowdown a few months back I have always had a quick and complete download.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #5
daveporter
daveporter began at the beginning.

Device: iPad2
Thanks for the feedback - I did eventually get it to download....
It is just very odd that I had the same thing happen on three occassions - a few days apart!
All good now!
Cheers Dave
daveporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
It may be that one of the routers that your ISP uses is not working right. If you always try at the same time of day, you may hit the same router again, so you might try a few hours later than usual. There are times when the connection to Seattle, a few hundred miles away is slower than to Long Angeles a thousand miles away!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote