Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
klaetsch
klaetsch began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
PB360 display gets "stripes" from time to time

Hi,

bought half a year ago (or so) a new PB360 in the pocketbook shop. So far I was really happy with the device.

Unfortunately recently I get some hickups. From time to time when I flip a page the page has horizontal stripes all over the page and black turns into some light grey. In short - unreadable. When this happens all pages (flip forward or backward) appear the same. Only when I physically turn twist and push the device the next page seems to be OK again for a while. I guess this is a hardware problem?

I already opened the battery opening and had to realise that the guarantee seal was cut open. Is it possible that pocketbook sells used PBs as new ones? I suspect that someone bought mine before, had hardware problems, sent it back and PB sold it new to me.

Has anyone made similar experience? Any idea on what to do?

BR,
Marcel
klaetsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #2
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I'm not sure what's going on with your PB, but my warranty seal was also cut, possibly in transit, from the moment it arrived.

I wonder what Pocketbook's take on that is. Obviously it's not just an isolated incident.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert