Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 04-24-2016, 11:48 PM   #1
JJAH
JJAH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Need help with T62C baseband

Hi guys, remember me? I've got an Energy Pro (T62C) with non-working Wi-Fi and I'm guessing it's due to a damaged baseband - diagnostics apps keep telling that the baseband is unavailable - and I was wondering if any of you can help me with that, maybe with a file to flash or an indication on how to fix that.

Wi-Fi never turns on and no MAC address is associated with the reader.

I've sorted every other issue I had with the reader and this is the last obstacle to enjoy it freely. I'd deeply appreciate any assistance. I've tried flashing the original versions of the Energy Pro, and a couple of T62C upgrades and none has helped me.q
JJAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:23 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Doesn't sound like a software issue and more like a hardware one. I have not opened my reader but some have a connection plug to the antenna inside the reader. This could have been disconnected.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 05:10 PM   #3
JJAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Doesn't sound like a software issue and more like a hardware one. I have not opened my reader but some have a connection plug to the antenna inside the reader. This could have been disconnected.
I considered that, specially since I noted that a cover plate was loose on the inside of the device. But, upon close inspection, I didn't notice any issue whatsoever with the board, and Google did return some lucky results regarding a corruption of the baseband as a cause for Wi-Fi loss in Android.

I took some pictures when I opened my device and they're here. Could you give me your opinion on the matter? Thank you. Any and help you can provide is more than welcome.

http://imgur.com/a/4T4hO
Old 04-26-2016, 01:32 AM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Couldn't find a connector either. The closest thing to a cable connected to a wifi antenna is circled red.
To be on the safe side some questions:
If WIFI is switched on, do you see any networks at all?
If no, since you reflashed it with the original firmware its probably a hardware failure (wifi-board or wifi antenna). Not sure how to solve this, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T62c.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	148221  
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 11:54 PM   #5
JJAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Couldn't find a connector either. The closest thing to a cable connected to a wifi antenna is circled red.
To be on the safe side some questions:
If WIFI is switched on, do you see any networks at all?
If no, since you reflashed it with the original firmware its probably a hardware failure (wifi-board or wifi antenna). Not sure how to solve this, sorry.
Hi, thanks, I don't see any networks and the switch changes automatically to the off position after I while. Thank you for your time and consideration mate :-D
Old 04-27-2016, 11:15 AM   #6
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Have you tried the latest firmware from this thread? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265289
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:10 AM   #7
JJAH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Have you tried the latest firmware from this thread? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=265289
Hi, yes I've tried the latest Boyue firmware (February 2016) and the Gonyx version and nothing. Añrhougnive noticed that those contain only the system.img file