Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 01-16-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Rotating case?

I've succumbed and I have a Ipad Air on the way. So I'd like to get a rotating case (maybe something like this http://cdn1.clubcase.fr/4537-thickbo...-air-cream.jpg . Any recommendations?
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #2
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Take a look at either the Native Union Gripster or ZeroChroma VarioSC. I prefer the Gripster, but either one is much better than the one you've shown (but pricier).
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:17 PM   #3
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PS: right now I have the Zerochroma solo on my iPad Air with the Smart Cover. This one is only about $5-10 on Amazon. I'll probably get the Gripster when it comes out in more colors.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:28 PM   #4
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
I grabbed a really cheap rotating case off Ebay as a temporary measure. It's awful, but it's only going to be used till my Gripster ships.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #5
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Like Meera, I bought a cheap rotating case off of eBay--turned out to be awful--not the right color (supposed to be purple, but looked more pink) -and was supposed to be a smart cover, but magnets weren't aligned very well. So, bought another one from a different eBay vendor for a few dollars more--lucked out the second time. I love the case--it has a nice map motif and the smart cover works perfectly. Second case costs around $12 and first one around $10--so all in all $22 spent and I'm happy.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:54 PM   #6
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

Here's another one that looks interesting: http://fluxflap.myshopify.com/

But I still think the rotating handle/grip on the Gripster is the winner.
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 AM   #7
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
Thanks for the tips :-)
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #8
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
Here's another one that looks interesting: http://fluxflap.myshopify.com/

But I still think the rotating handle/grip on the Gripster is the winner.
I noticed from your Amazon review of the Solo that you bought a Gripster Wrap. Would love to hear your impressions of it when you have time to post.

Thanks!
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 10:13 AM   #9
MeSue
Geek in the Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
I noticed from your Amazon review of the Solo that you bought a Gripster Wrap. Would love to hear your impressions of it when you have time to post.

Thanks!

Yep… I was waiting until after my road trip to write up a review. I should have something up pretty soon on geekintheforest.com.
Old 07-13-2014, 05:18 AM   #10
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep… I was waiting until after my road trip to write up a review. I should have something up pretty soon on geekintheforest.com.

Looking forward to your review. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2014, 07:46 PM   #11
JTravers
Groupie

Quote:

Looks like there is now a Gripster case in addition to the Gripster Wrap. I think I'd go for this vs. the wrap, as I'd rather have a detachable Smart Cover. Also saves some money.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00KW3...tag=alisara-20

I saw the Gripster Case version being sold in the Apple Store, as well.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:58 PM   #12
alicepattinson
Banned
alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alicepattinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by owly View Post
I've succumbed and I have a Ipad Air on the way. So I'd like to get a rotating case (maybe something like this http://cdn1.clubcase.fr/4537-thickbo...-air-cream.jpg . Any recommendations?
That is really nice!
alicepattinson is offline   Reply With Quote