Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-07-2013, 03:26 AM   #91
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Is the evernote intgration with the Sonys not similar to Pocket ingetration of Kobo? Okay i never used it, but its easy to send websites to evernote, their also browser plugin. Can you read this than on a sony? I never tried. And at this time i only own a T1, so i can't try. But Sony is advertising this.

Last edited by samy2; 09-07-2013 at 03:28 AM.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #92
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Those of you who are techno geeks obsess over the specs, the rest of us simply don't care. We look for a reader that has every thing WE think is of value to US and that is what we get.

If it has buttons to turn pages, has an SD card or a minimum of GB of storage without an SD card slot and a nice readable screen, that is the reader I will buy. I don't care if all that tech came out last year or 10 years ago. So long as it has everything that I want it to have at a price I am willing to pay then that is what I will get.

So just stay here and yammer ad-nauseum about the specs while the rest of us go and get what suits us regardless of them!
I agree 100%, hardware is not important, but the ease of use of the ereader, integration Evernote and Wiki, french dictionnary for me, lookup in the ereaer etc .., all that stuffs are not hardware.For front-light, it's easy with a light in bed-room!.

I experienced Pocketbook 902, last year, i thought the format 6 is too small for reading pdf format , i was very disapointed of Poocketook, so without Sony no hope for me, Sony has the best
knowlege for making ereader.

I find a solution for reading pdf document, i use Sigil to pass to epub format, not hard work but long time to do..

For some documents using math, it's not easy to use img, in epub, so i am waiting for epub version 3, for integration of Mathml.

Sorry of my poor english indeed!
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 05:59 AM   #93
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfrizz View Post
Those of you who are techno geeks obsess over the specs, the rest of us simply don't care. We look for a reader that has every thing WE think is of value to US and that is what we get.

If it has buttons to turn pages, has an SD card or a minimum of GB of storage without an SD card slot and a nice readable screen, that is the reader I will buy. I don't care if all that tech came out last year or 10 years ago. So long as it has everything that I want it to have at a price I am willing to pay then that is what I will get.

So just stay here and yammer ad-nauseum about the specs while the rest of us go and get what suits us regardless of them!
Turn page buttons, storage space and screen quality are specs. Just like a lit screen is.

When it comes to justifying the price to themselves people look at the specs that interest them. Which is perfectly fine. What I disagree with is the idea that someone who doesn't want a lit screen should consider a lit screen an added value.

Either judge the value of a device subjectively and only count the specs that hold personal interest and understand that a lit screen doesn't hold extra value for a person who isn't interested in a lit screen, or judge the value of a device objectively and take into account all the specs.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 07:04 AM   #94
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
I think it's fair to say, that if you aren't fussed about an ereader with a built in light (and there definitely are some people who feel this way), then the new Sony looks very good.

If you are interested in one with a built in light, the new Kindle Paperwhite looks an even better option than the first version of the PW, and possibly the Kobo Aura is an even better option for those who want an epub ereader.

Kobo also have a couple of options for those who want something slightly different, the smaller/bigger screen options of the Kobo Mini and Aura HD.

There's a possibility that Sony will release a bigger eink reader in future, so the only options that aren't covered are a smaller pocket sized reader with built in light, and a lighted reader with touch-screen and page turn buttons (discounting the Nook Glowlight since it's been far surpassed by the other lighted readers). Though there might be a chance Nook will update their eink offerings?

So everyone is just about covered, and we can all be happy then?

soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #95
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post

Yes!
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:40 AM   #96
samy2
Ebook-Fan
samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samy2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post

Yes. That's okay. In some of the discussions it become really ugly. Some guy called the other stupid who still willing to buy the new Sony Reader and the other way around.

If you like or need a reader with internal light then the buy something else, some other have other priorities or don't like this kind of light and buy the T3 (like me). Both is. Just be happy.
samy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #97
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneTF View Post
Doesn't Sony have some kind of trade-in program for old devices? My T1 has some black little blotches that have developed on the screen so I can't really sell it if I upgrade but it might be nice to get a discount on a new device.
Here is the link to the trade-in program.
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...&cmsId=tradeup
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #98
BadBilly
Nodding at stupid things
BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BadBilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T1, OnePlus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, iPad Mini 2, PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeera View Post
Eh, different readings. I didn't read "That may be the biggest selling point." as a "for me" statement, because of the "the", and the lack of a "for me" or a "my" in the sentence; compounded by the brand newness of the Pocket integration announcement and the fact that many may be unaware of it. It may well have been meant that way, though. No biggie.

English is my first language. If it wasn't, I'd probably be interpreting your opening as a helluva lot ruder. I'm well aware of its propensity for ambiguity. We're all friends here, hey?
When people are talking about choosing different readers (or most other products) and they talk about features that are important the "to me" is a given. And I'm sorry if I was shorter with you then your post deserved. I've been frustrated by seeing all kinds of people argue that if something is not important to them, then it is not important and probably jumped on you a little hard. Hugs?

There are plenty of combinations of features available in a reader and, thankfully, most people can find one that works for them.
BadBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #99
SuzanneTF
Enthusiast
SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader/Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
Here is the link to the trade-in program.
http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/sto...&cmsId=tradeup
Thanks for the link. I've found that page before (and another one once that was supposed to go to a form but needed a password). I read about the program when the T1 came out and you could get about $50 of credit. Has anyone done it recently?
SuzanneTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #100
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I did a trade in a while ago, got in the last few days it was offered. Had a time getting my credit since the company I sent it to never reported to me that they'd gotten it. The Sony rep said that there wasn't any way to tell if they'd received the trade in or not, but sent me the certificate anyway. Took a month.

I looked up a T1 for you. If it's working, the screen is not broken, and you have the cable and power adopter the trade in value is $6. If you don't have the cable and adopter they'll only take it in for recycling.

They're not taking anything in but Sony's, and looks like only the T1 with the cables, and the PRS-700 $21 with cables, $12 without. The 950 Daily edition was about $20 with cables, but the form froze up when I tried some of the others.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #101
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
LOL. You can get a much better deal by just selling it. For that amount of money I wouldn't even bother with a trade-in and just sell it or keep it as a backup.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #102
SuzanneTF
Enthusiast
SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'SuzanneTF knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader/Kobo Aura One
They need to do this again! http://the-gadgeteer.com/2011/12/05/...old-e-readers/
SuzanneTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #103
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzanneTF View Post
That's how I got my T1 - traded in my CyBook Opus. Wish I would have kept the Opus though. Even though it was the first Gen, it had a great file folder structure for storing a huge library. Should have spent the extra $50 on the T1 and kept the Opus around for backup.
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 08:41 AM   #104
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
For anyone downunder I noticed that the T3 is available instore at Target, I have yet to see them at JB or other retailers.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:17 AM   #105
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmac View Post
For anyone downunder I noticed that the T3 is available instore at Target, I have yet to see them at JB or other retailers.
I bought my T2 at a Myer store last year, and my T3 directly from Sony Australia as soon as it was released. It got to the wilds of Tasmania in three or four days.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote