Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 07-15-2013, 11:51 AM   #16
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Now have 20 gbs.

For you more knowledgeable folks, how would I access - put on, let's say - a few books of my choosing from calibre onto my Amazon Kindle HD, whenever I decide to leave my laptop at home.

I'm a total newbie on this.

ADDED: I just realized that I put my entire library onto an external HD last week. But let's pretend that it's connected when I'm away.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #17
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I don't have a Fire, but Copy has an app in the Amazon Appstore you should be able to use to download your stuff...
http://www.amazon.com/Barracuda-Netw.../dp/B00CUNJBJ6
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:02 PM   #18
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
IIRC you can make a shortcut and put that in the Copy folder and it'll grab the files so you don't have to move anything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
I point Sugarsync at the folder inside Dropbox folder for a double, and I point Box.net at the same folder. You only need to have it inside one of them and point the others there. I like multiple redundancy
Thank you both! I wasn't aware I could use it this way. So much easier
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #19
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't have a Fire, but Copy has an app in the Amazon Appstore you should be able to use to download your stuff...
http://www.amazon.com/Barracuda-Netw.../dp/B00CUNJBJ6

Thank you.

However, there's no [check mark] for Kindle Fire HD, only an ['X'] for Kindle Fire.

I'm wondering if it's compatible with the Kindle Fire HD?

Don
Old 07-15-2013, 04:14 PM   #20
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Here's a review DoctorOhh posted a few months ago...
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=213338
Gads! I'm slow. Wish I had seen it back then, now I feel something of a goose saying its new. Well, its newer than the others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Thank you.

However, there's no [check mark] for Kindle Fire HD, only an ['X'] for Kindle Fire.

I'm wondering if it's compatible with the Kindle Fire HD?

Don
I'd be surprised if it wasn't... Are you able to install anyway without the checkmark? I'm completely unfamiliar with the Amazon App Store... are you able to access apps on the Google store?
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 04:57 PM   #21
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Gads! I'm slow. Wish I had seen it back then, now I feel something of a goose saying its new. Well, its newer than the others

I'd be surprised if it wasn't... Are you able to install anyway without the checkmark? I'm completely unfamiliar with the Amazon App Store... are you able to access apps on the Google store?

I didn't quite say that right: What I meant was is that there isn't even a listing for a Kindle Fire HD, but there is an 'X' for the Kindle Fire. (This is the older Kindle Fire. Whenever something supposedly works on the Kindle Fire HD, there is a check mark.)

Don
Old 07-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #22
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
There is no such thing as a free lunch, so what is the catch? It is obvious what we get out of this, but what is in it for Dropbox/Copy etc? Is there a lot of advertising, do they try to sell you things? How secure is my data?

I would want to know what I am getting into before signing up.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:46 PM   #23
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
No, you can't get it through the Amazon App store to the Fire. I got it working great on my Nook HD+.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #24
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
There is no such thing as a free lunch, so what is the catch? It is obvious what we get out of this, but what is in it for Dropbox/Copy etc? Is there a lot of advertising, do they try to sell you things? How secure is my data?

I would want to know what I am getting into before signing up.
If you have doubts, don't do it. Dropbox has been working reliably for me for some years now, I was on board with the beta. Sugarsync and Box.net are also reliable. I don't expect Copy to be any different. I have seen no advertising, and have had no spam. If I get spam I'll be out. Well, except for the inevitable periodic emails to persuade you to upgrade... thats expected and should not be considered spam...

They have paid options for those who require a lot more storage than the free option allows. https://www.copy.com/price/ Most free offers have options to go paid. I dont need 250Gb (and wouldnt even want to sync that much, let alone 500Gb which is the other paid option). Seriously, its fine.

HOWEVER you should NEVER depend entirely on one solution. For example, my calibre library is in 4 locations, as well as being backed up to an external drive (as the contents of all the synced folders are, anyway)... multiple redundancy.. you dont lose stuff that way.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 07-15-2013 at 06:33 PM. Reason: my paragraphing sucks
Old 07-15-2013, 06:31 PM   #25
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I didn't quite say that right: What I meant was is that there isn't even a listing for a Kindle Fire HD, but there is an 'X' for the Kindle Fire. (This is the older Kindle Fire. Whenever something supposedly works on the Kindle Fire HD, there is a check mark.)

Don
Maybe writing to the Copy people and asking if theres an app coming for the HD. They may just simply have not considered it, and its a non-standard version of Android :-/ (well... are there *any* standard versions?)
Old 07-15-2013, 06:36 PM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Maybe writing to the Copy people and asking if theres an app coming for the HD. They may just simply have not considered it, and its a non-standard version of Android :-/ (well... are there *any* standard versions?)
Or just get the APK elsewhere and install it. Fire's do allow you to install from other source.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #27
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Or just get the APK elsewhere and install it. Fire's do allow you to install from other source.
Good idea. Its not a paid app so no cheatery going on. Thats what I would do.
Old 07-16-2013, 06:00 AM   #28
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
On the other hand
I logged in from office PC using Chrome and I've been trying to log out for last 3 hours. Getting message
Quote:
We’re experiencing technical difficulties...
We’re very sorry. Support has been notified. Click here to go home.
and not being able to log out.
Submitted a request for support, no answer yet.
Has anybody else tried to log out?
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 07:30 AM   #29
kyteflyer
Wizard

I've been in and out several times today for various reasons, and have had no problems..
Old 07-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #30
jmilica
Banned
jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmilica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB, Kindle PW
Quote:
I've been in and out several times today for various reasons, and have had no problems..
Thanks.
Strangely, I am getting same error message at home as well. I guess I'll just have to wait.
jmilica is offline   Reply With Quote