Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #91
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle KB X3 Kindle Fire HD 32GB
Like you Euro traveler I wasn't worried about the reader suite as well however I see they distribute firmware updates that way that was I why I tried to install it. But you can also just go to the site and the updates are there as well. At least for the Pyrus reader they are.

I have read books on mine for probably 6 hours and the top bar of my battery was gone but all other bars there. I charged it initially via the USB cable that was supplied until the red light went out. Mine is supposed to go into standby after 15 minutes but sometimes it doesn't. It might be when I set a bookmark that it doesn't, I'm not sure. The only issue other than that that I have noticed is once in a great while when advancing a page nothing happens. Then I hit the button again and it advances two pages so I have to back up one. But that seems to be happening less frequently so it might be something with new/sticky buttons.

If there is any setting you want me to check Euro traveler please let me know and will be more than happy to
shorttimer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #92
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
With the exception of the e-Ink screen. . .

How is this significantly different from using an Android Phone as an e reader? I've added 8 gig of memory to my Droid Bionic, and I've got to say, with an appropriate software download, it supports virtually every file format. And it does make for a very good, highly portable reader.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #93
voracious71
Addict
voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.voracious71 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Kindle PW4, Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaredr View Post
I ordered one too and received it a few days ago. It is suppose to be pink, but looks red to me. So far, I think it looks as good as e-ink. I am still in awe of how small it is.
I see you're from Texas-how did you go about ordering one?
voracious71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #94
shorttimer1
Enthusiast
shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shorttimer1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voracious71 View Post
I see you're from Texas-how did you go about ordering one?
I live in CO, USA and ordered and received mine. I ordered it from Amazon.co.uk. It ended up being about US $75
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #95
shorttimer1
Enthusiast

Here is the exact link to the one (blue) that I ordered. The price is the same as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 02-27-2013, 10:32 AM   #96
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
TrekStor Customer Support

I contacted TrekStor via their website on 22 Feb. and got their email response today, 27 Feb.

I had sent them this: "After the TrekStor eReader Suite failed to install, my Pyrus Mini no longer shows up under My Computer. It now simply shows as Removable Disk (J: ) and Removable Disk (K: ).

I can no longer access my Mini with my pc. Clicking on Removable Disk (J: ) now only brings up the error message "Please enter a disk into drive (J: )"

I could still read the epub books on my Mini, until after I tried both Format Device and Factory Reset."

Their response was, "this problem could be caused by a defective cable. If you have a replacment cable, please try to with the pyrus mini on another usb-port or another computer." Uh, right.

Luckily I was able to use the reader's built-in explorer to delete a new file (something like machineinfo.ini in the Digital Editions folder) that had appeared after the failed suite installation and that fixed everything.
Even the cable magically fixed itself, hehe
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:34 AM   #97
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenBarrington View Post
How is this significantly different from using an Android Phone as an e reader? I've added 8 gig of memory to my Droid Bionic, and I've got to say, with an appropriate software download, it supports virtually every file format. And it does make for a very good, highly portable reader.
I don't mind reading from a LCD screen at all, except in well-lit environments (such as outside). And that's where this mini comes in handy.

I also have that battery problem. I will remove my SD card and see how it holds up then....
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:21 AM   #98
shorttimer1
Enthusiast

SweetPea & Euro Traveler,

I have experienced the same issue as well. At first I didn't but I have seen it twice now and I don't have a SD card. Both times happened when I added a few large about 5MB and it didn't go into screen saver. So it has something to do with not being in screen saver or when you add the books, and it possibly indexes them. From what I read the device uses no power when displaying the screen, only turning pages.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:54 AM   #99
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
My screen is broken!

I had it in my coat pocket (the battery was flat so I saw the charging icon). When I plugged it in, the screen didn't respond, except the bottom 1 centimeter...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #100
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Ouch. I would have expected the 4.3" screen to be a more robust than the 6" screens.

I'm now more convinced that I shouldn't buy another eInk screen device with a glass substrate.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #101
euro traveler
Connoisseur
euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.euro traveler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Nook STR, Kobo Mini, TrekStor Pyrus Mini, Nook HD & HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
My screen is broken!
Sorry to hear that, Sweetpea

Thanks for posting about it, though. Now I'll be even more careful with mine.

Please let us know how it goes with your screen problem.
euro traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 AM   #102
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I'm very very tempted bythis device, but I'll be strong and wait to see if Amazon will follow the mini-trend this year. A paperwhite-mini would be nice.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:57 PM   #103
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy736 View Post
I'll be strong and wait to see if Amazon will follow the mini-trend this year. A paperwhite-mini would be nice.
I'd definitely buy one, but since the Kobo mini does not seem to be selling too well, if constant promos are any indication, it may not happen.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #104
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I have to laugh; ereaders are getting smaller (like this one and the Kobo Mini) but smart phones are getting larger. I wonder whether there will wind up being some sort of Platonic ideal of a screen size that will average out?
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:12 AM   #105
Joy736
Addict
Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joy736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I have to laugh; ereaders are getting smaller (like this one and the Kobo Mini) but smart phones are getting larger. I wonder whether there will wind up being some sort of Platonic ideal of a screen size that will average out?
I think we'll end up with an all in one device:a color-eInk smartphone with a 4 or 5 inch screen.
Joy736 is offline   Reply With Quote