Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-01-2012, 05:09 PM   #1
phantom_cyclist
phantom_cyclist began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Copying library

I have a library on a hard drive from a PC that has died due to the hard drive starting to fail. On another PC I have downloaded Calibre again and put the old drive into a USB device that allows me to see the failing harddrive. I used Calibre to add all the books from the old drive into a new library on the new PC. he books have been added OK but none of the covers seem to have been transferred. Are they stored seperately from the books?

If so where are they stored as I don't particulalary want to have to go through all the library again and choose covers.
phantom_cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom_cyclist View Post
I have a library on a hard drive from a PC that has died due to the hard drive starting to fail. On another PC I have downloaded Calibre again and put the old drive into a USB device that allows me to see the failing harddrive. I used Calibre to add all the books from the old drive into a new library on the new PC. he books have been added OK but none of the covers seem to have been transferred. Are they stored seperately from the books?

If so where are they stored as I don't particulalary want to have to go through all the library again and choose covers.
You did it the hard way

All you had to do was replace the entire contents of the (mostly empty) default folder, with the ENTIRE contents of the old Library folder (Calibre not running).

A Slower way to Add 2 Libraries together: Right click the Library Icon:Create/Switch: Use Existing <navigate to old Library (on USB)>,
Enter.
Select Books: Right-clack: Copy to Library (Hint the new one )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2012, 06:13 AM   #3
phantom_cyclist
phantom_cyclist began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Thanks. When I looked further, it was conincident that the two books at the top of the library did not have covers; the rest of them are OK. It is all done and dusted now.
phantom_cyclist is offline   Reply With Quote