Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #76
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
The new Apple maps app is surprisingly much more accurate for the area in Croatia where I live than the Google app was/is. I am happy with the new app, and I can always use Google maps in my browser if I ever feel the need, so I am happy with the upgrade overall.
I refuse to move to Croatia merely to be sure where I am! Most of the time, I can figure it out from my surroundings.

But now, of course, with iMaps, I can be somewhere else without actually going there. So I don't have to move to Croatia to be there. Which leads me to the important question - where's my Slivovitz?
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #77
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
oh oh, my house is now in the middle of the lake across the road.....
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 12:28 PM   #78
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Developers: Apple ignored our warnings about iOS 6 Maps

Apparently apple knew the maps situation well in advance but didn't address the problems.

Quote:
The public backlash over iOS 6 Maps continues: developers are coming out of the woodwork claiming they warned Apple about quality issues before launch. A new report at CNET highlights stories from six third-party developers who say they tried to tell Apple about bugs in Maps, only to find themselves ignored. The statements echo the grumblings from other developers about Maps, in addition to what several Apple engineers told Ars last week as part of our feature on Apple's internal culture.

The developers speaking to CNET asked not to be named because they have apps in the App Store, some of which rely on Apple's MapKit framework for their own products. They tell stories of woe about filing bug reports in Apple's Radar system, making posts in the company's private developer forums, and even e-mailing Apple engineers directly about their concerns. One source claims an Apple employee told him the issue was "well understood."
Source
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #79
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
Apparently apple knew the maps situation well in advance but didn't address the problems.
Source
"Gentlemen, we understand very well about the iceberg, but not to worry, Apple can't sink!"
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:39 AM   #80
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Apparently, Apples maps of Taiwan are too accurate; the maps shows top secret military installations in high resolution. Google maps obfuscated these parts of the maps, but Apple reveals these details in all its glory

link
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:13 AM   #81
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by norway1456 View Post
Apparently, Apples maps of Taiwan are too accurate; the maps shows top secret military installations in high resolution. Google maps obfuscated these parts of the maps, but Apple reveals these details in all its glory

link
I'm sure China already knew about it and where it was located.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #82
rlowe
Enthusiast
rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rlowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3; Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'm sure China already knew about it and where it was located.
They sure already spotted it with their military satellites.
rlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:19 PM   #83
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlowe View Post
They sure already spotted it with their military satellites.
Certainly, but access to those satellite images is highly restricted, whereas apple's maps, not so much.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 AM   #84
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmon View Post
I refuse to move to Croatia merely to be sure where I am! Most of the time, I can figure it out from my surroundings.

But now, of course, with iMaps, I can be somewhere else without actually going there. So I don't have to move to Croatia to be there. Which leads me to the important question - where's my Slivovitz?
iMaps gives you your own handheld Navigator who can FOLD SPACE. Travel without moving.

The Spice must flow.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 AM   #85
greenyouth
Zealot
greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.greenyouth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
How iOS6 been amazing? it is worst!
greenyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:05 PM   #86
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenyouth View Post
How iOS6 been amazing? it is worst!
Aren't you amazed at how bad they are?
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:58 PM   #87
afv011
Captain Penguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Aren't you amazed at how bad they are?
Well, I guess that's a positive spin on a negative news...
Old 10-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #88
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
I just used the new map app yesterday for the first time. I don't see much change compared with the previous one. It didn't lose me and the map seemed accurate enough (suburb of Paris, France). The app itself is useful but not great, which was also my assessment of the previous one. For the use I make of it, not much has changed.
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #89
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
iMaps gives you your own handheld Navigator who can FOLD SPACE. Travel without moving.

The Spice must flow.
Excellent, that means I can warp out of the lake our house is in without getting wet.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 02:26 AM   #90
janet88
janet88 began at the beginning.

Device: none
I often use Google Earth Pro Map, it is cool
janet88 is offline   Reply With Quote