Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-24-2019, 12:36 PM   #1
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Support for more cloud services: Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.

Dear all,

First of all, apologies for not being present on the forum. I'm sorry that I'm not an active user.

This being said, I would like to tell you that you have been heard I'm posting an update to this older thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=311977

I've worked a bit on my cloud service support scripts, and I'm happy to report that you can now synchronize your Kobo with:

* Google Drive
* pCloud
* Dropbox
* NextCloud

Check out the github page for more information: https://github.com/fsantini/KoboCloud

and get the latest release here: https://github.com/fsantini/KoboCloud/releases

Finally, I'm sorry that the scripts are not working in some cases. It seems that there are some random problems that I can't reproduce, they work on all the devices I could test them on.

Take care,

Francesco
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:49 AM   #2
fsfs
fsfs began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Worked like a charm on my Kobo Forma, thanks!
fsfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 03:33 AM   #3
fsantini
fsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy bluefsantini can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsfs View Post
Worked like a charm on my Kobo Forma, thanks!
Glad to hear it!
fsantini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 12:20 PM   #4
Tammuz91
Tammuz91 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hi! This seems to work with epub files, but I couldn't manage to sync kepubs. Is this a known issue?
Tammuz91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 12:00 PM   #5
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Nope not working for me.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2019, 06:48 AM   #6
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's working now but only with .epub and .kepub.epub
Old 10-08-2019, 07:12 AM   #7
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
It's working now but only with .epub and .kepub.epub
Do you mind sharing how you edited the kobocloudrc file? Basically, here is how mine looks like right now and it does not work on my Libra (I have only epubs in my dropbox folder):

Quote:
# Add your URLs to this file
# Remove the # from the following line to uninstall KoboCloud
#UNINSTALL
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/XX
I replaced here the real rest of the link with XX for obvious reasons, but on my libra the link is the correct one.

What am I doing wrong? (bare with me, I am badly jetlagged and have been so for over a week now )
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:59 AM   #8
Gibbo
Guru

This is how I did it.

#UNINSTALL
Old 10-08-2019, 10:02 AM   #9
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
This is how I did it.

#UNINSTALL
hmm... okay, seems I did the same, just the line order.. I'll try it again. Many thanks, Karma to you
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:31 AM   #10
Gibbo
Guru

I added a Gdrive link as well and it works but it's a bit temperamental it won't connect all the time.
Old 10-13-2019, 08:48 AM   #11
ufukyayla
ufukyayla began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
It works perfectly on my glo hd with google drive. It syncs books between the reader and a folder named /books in google drive. thank you.
ufukyayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 05:00 AM   #12
lk82
lk82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I cannot see downloaded files in reader's library.
they are downloaded and i see them in kobocloud Library subfolder, after connecting to pc.
When unmounted from pc - they finally appear in library.
Anyone have idea what causes the problem?
lk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 06:22 AM   #13
Alanon
Connoisseur
Alanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watchAlanon is clearly one to watch

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by lk82 View Post
I cannot see downloaded files in reader's library.
they are downloaded and i see them in kobocloud Library subfolder, after connecting to pc.
When unmounted from pc - they finally appear in library.
Anyone have idea what causes the problem?
I haven't tried this yet, but I'm guessing that that's the only way to manually trigger library updates. Downloading books directly from Kobo probably has some internal refresh mechanic that makes updating seamless, but I don't think these scripts are able to tap into that.
Alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 08:45 AM   #14
lk82
lk82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Do you see them in library after sync is complete? i have to connect to pc to refresh the lubrary - on Aura H20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufukyayla View Post
It works perfectly on my glo hd with google drive. It syncs books between the reader and a folder named /books in google drive. thank you.
lk82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #15
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lk82 View Post
Do you see them in library after sync is complete? i have to connect to pc to refresh the lubrary - on Aura H20.
I tried it today with my Kobo Glo HD and Google Drive and it worked.
I just clicked on the sync button and when the download were finished the library updated itself without having to do anything (just like when you disconnect from the PC). The books are in the library.
As stated by someone above, sometimes it doesn't work on the first try.

Thank you very much Francesco
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud, dropbox, google drive, pcloud