Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-11-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
branpurn
branpurn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (basic, white)
Question Error during Calibre Portable install: "cannot create file that already exists"

When I try to install Calibre Portable, it rightfully detects my prior install and asks me to upgrade. I select yes, and towards the end of the install am presented with the following error:

Click image for larger version

Name:	qwN0ZCT.png
Views:	212
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	163431

There is no file sync application or antivirus to interfere.

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, build 1709

Any help is much appreciated!

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-11-2018 at 07:18 PM. Reason: move image to MR
branpurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:15 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by branpurn View Post
When I try to install Calibre Portable, it rightfully detects my prior install and asks me to upgrade. I select yes, and towards the end of the install am presented with the following error:

<snip>

There is no file sync application or antivirus to interfere.

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, build 1709

Any help is much appreciated!
Are any of the calibre components running, i.e. the .EXEs in ...\Calibre Portable\Calibre ?

Try Safe Mode - that will cut out some of the possible causes. If it works then it's possibly interference from something that's run at normal startup. Have a look at the "calibre is not starting on Windows?" and the "calibre freezes/crashes occasionally?" items in Calibre User Manual:FAQ:Miscellaneous for other programs known to interfere with calibre (and other programs) operations.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-11-2018 at 07:18 PM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2018, 07:22 PM   #3
branpurn
branpurn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle (basic, white)
Thanks for the reply! I restarted my computer, and it happened to be enough to clear things up. Probably should have tried that sooner.
branpurn is offline   Reply With Quote