Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-29-2016, 01:10 PM   #16
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmzg View Post
Yeah, I hooked it up as a wireless device and synced over the remaining books and it seems to be working pretty well although there's a slight discrepancy between the number of books calibre thinks it has and what calibre companion says it has-- about 50 or so. I'll figure it out some other day.
I see two reasons why CC and calibre might disagree.

1) CC counts formats while calibre counts books. If the CC library contains an epub and a mobi of the same book that counts as 2 books. In calibre it will count as one, but when connected you will see "2 books" (or something like that) next to the OnDevice checkmark. You can sort on that column in calibre to see easily which books might have multiple formats.

2) The failures somehow left files in CC's library without an entry in CC's database. If this happens then when you connect, CC will find those files, add them to its library using potentially incorrect metadata, then pass them to calibre for matching. If calibre cannot match these books to something in the library then they will not have the "In Library" check mark in calibre's device view (sort on it to easily find the anomalies). You can choose to keep them as they are, match them to a book in calibre (using right click), or delete them. Our FAQ I have books calibre shows as "On Device" but not as "In Library". What do I do? discussed this further.

Quote:
By the way, is there a short cut for 'clearing' a search? Like, after I searched and it displayed a subset what do I press to go back to just the default 'all items' display?
Theducks has the right of it. Open the grouping drawer, tap search, tap clear.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #17
rmzg
rmzg began at the beginning.

Device: Note5
Quote:
Theducks has the right of it. Open the grouping drawer, tap search, tap clear.
How is that a shortcut?!
rmzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2016, 12:38 AM   #18
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
How is that a shortcut?!
There is no "shortcut."

Quote:
By the way, is there a short cut for 'clearing' a search? Like, after I searched and it displayed a subset what do I press to go back to just the default 'all items' display?
Tapping search then tapping clear is what you press to go back to just the default 'all items' display.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #19
rmzg
rmzg began at the beginning.

Device: Note5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
There is no "shortcut."

Tapping search then tapping clear is what you press to go back to just the default 'all items' display.
Let me rephrase. I would really appreciate a faster way to clear all searches and categories.
rmzg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 11:23 AM   #20
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Let me rephrase. I would really appreciate a faster way to clear all searches and categories.
In that case you may want to add it to the Wish List thread for consideration.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #21
Primus_Pilus
Supervillain Consultant
Primus_Pilus began at the beginning.

Device: BOOX 10.3, Kobo Aura ONE, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
This kind of solved the problem. Have 2000 books loaded on my CC (Samsung S10) and was experiencing the exact same ultra slow sync speed.

Followed the directions on the filenaming, wiped out everything on the phone and repeated the sync / downloading of all books.

348 books loaded in 8 minutes.

Is there a method for wired install / download of books into CC?
Primus_Pilus is offline   Reply With Quote