Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:45 PM   #331
Joeldmtl
Connoisseur
Joeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterJoeldmtl can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Touch
What are the "dots" on the page line at the bottom of the page for?
Joeldmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #332
cmgam
cmgam began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi
No "dropbox" here.
Kobo touch
Regards

Enviado do meu SM-G903F através do Tapatalk
cmgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM   #333
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgam View Post
Hi
No "dropbox" here.
Kobo touch
Regards

Enviado do meu SM-G903F através do Tapatalk
Dropbox support is only officially supported for the Kobo Forma. Not the Kobo Touch.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM   #334
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeldmtl View Post
Not sure what you are talking about here. I think the "page line" is the title and book progress at the bottom of the screen when reading. But, the only dot in that is the separator between the book title and the progress. Other than that I can't think of what you are talking about.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #335
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeldmtl View Post
I don't know their purpose either, but I have seen them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Not sure what you are talking about here. I think the "page line" is the title and book progress at the bottom of the screen when reading. But, the only dot in that is the separator between the book title and the progress. Other than that I can't think of what you are talking about.
When you are in a book and tap to bring up the menu there is a line near the bottom that has dots. The line is just below where it says "back to page 20" (or whatever number).
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:29 PM   #336
Phil_C
Zealot
Phil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud ofPhil_C has much to be proud of

Device: Sony PRS-300Black/350Silver/350Blue/T3Black x2; Kobo Clara HD x2
Those dots will take you to points in the book where you have previously navigated using the slider, the slider arrows, or the TOC.
Phil_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:39 PM   #337
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
When you are in a book and tap to bring up the menu there is a line near the bottom that has dots. The line is just below where it says "back to page 20" (or whatever number).
I sort of want that to not be what @Joeldmtl is referring to. There is no way I would have thought of that. I would have expected a "When I tap the centre of screen and the ..."

As @Phil_C said, these are navigation breadcrumbs. If you use the navigation bar to move around the book, the locations you stop at should be marked. Tapping one will take you directly there. Tapping the "Back to..." will take you to the last one visited.
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #338
rtiangha
Zealot
rtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notesrtiangha can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I sort of want that to not be what @Joeldmtl is referring to. There is no way I would have thought of that. I would have expected a "When I tap the centre of screen and the ..."

As @Phil_C said, these are navigation breadcrumbs. If you use the navigation bar to move around the book, the locations you stop at should be marked. Tapping one will take you directly there. Tapping the "Back to..." will take you to the last one visited.
Is there any way to clear them? They're useful once or twice, but get annoying once you start jumping around a lot (think reference textbook).
rtiangha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:49 AM   #339
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Is there any way to clear them? They're useful once or twice, but get annoying once you start jumping around a lot (think reference textbook).
Only by closing and reopening the book.