Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
amatoa
Full Time Dreamer
amatoa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
[Kobo] Queueing Reading Positions

Each time I connect my Kobo to Calibre, Calibre sits and then proceeds to queue all the books (over 1000) to, I think, get their reading position. This can take quite a while and the dialog box obscures the screen (for example if I decide to go and look on the net while I wait).

Anyway to stop Calibre from doing this automatically?
amatoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatoa View Post
Each time I connect my Kobo to Calibre, Calibre sits and then proceeds to queue all the books (over 1000) to, I think, get their reading position. This can take quite a while and the dialog box obscures the screen (for example if I decide to go and look on the net while I wait).

??? Are you using some of the 3rd party (get plugins) plugins with your Kobo?
Neither of the Kobo Utilities PI pop a dialog when I connect.
Are you deleting the 2 Calibre* files from the root folder? That causes a re-scan.
FWIW I only have 1G worth of files on my Aura2 so your larger collection may behave different
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:08 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatoa View Post

That sounds like the Kobo Utilities plugin doing a fetch of the reading status. If that is happening, it means you installed the plugin and then configured it to fetch the reading status each time the device is connected. If you don't want to do that, just turn it off, or uninstall the plugin.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote