Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-03-2019, 06:27 PM   #3376
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluribus View Post
The magic of discounts means this book won't murder your wallet. You'll be enchanted and ennobled by mysteries from an alternate world.

Randall Garrett - Murder and Magic (Lord Darcy) on Amazon.com for $1.99

I picked up Too Many Magicians for $2.99 in Feb 2018. Now I'm just looking for Lord Darcy Investigates. I see that Michael Kurland (whoever he is) is continuing the Darcy series but I doubt I'll look at those.
I think I'll stick with the Baen edition of Lord Darcy which has Too Many Magicians, Murder and Magic and Lord Darcy Investigates. I think I paid $4.99 for it way back when the world was young.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 01:53 PM   #3377
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
StoryBundle is offering 23 volumes from the Outspoken Authors series.
Each book focuses on a single author, and includes fiction and essays. Many of the authors are from the SF&F field.

https://storybundle.com/outspoken
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2019, 03:16 PM   #3378
bookmarked
Addict
bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookmarked ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT, Nexus 7, iPod Touch 4, HP TouchPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I think I'll stick with the Baen edition of Lord Darcy which has Too Many Magicians, Murder and Magic and Lord Darcy Investigates. I think I paid $4.99 for it way back when the world was young.
If this is the one you mean https://www.baen.com/lord-darcy.html , then sadly the ebook is no longer available.
bookmarked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 03:49 PM   #3379
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookmarked View Post
If this is the one you mean https://www.baen.com/lord-darcy.html , then sadly the ebook is no longer available.
As long as it shows in my downloadable books on Baen... I did wonder why the ebook disappeared a few years back but they still have the hardcover and paperback available.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:50 AM   #3380
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As long as it shows in my downloadable books on Baen... I did wonder why the ebook disappeared a few years back but they still have the hardcover and paperback available.
What are “separate electronic rights,” Alex?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2019, 12:00 PM   #3381
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev. Bob View Post
What are “separate electronic rights,” Alex?
Very likely. Other than what appears to be a UK only edition, I haven't seen that omnibus edition elsewhere.
Old 12-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #3382
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
"Consent in Gaming," free download

Since most RPG's are Fantasy or SF oriented, I thought I could post this here. If it's not appropriate, please let me know.

DrivethruRPG.com is offering "Consent in Gaming" as a free download. I have no idea how long this offer will last. Maybe it's permanent, no idea. From the description:

Quote:
Mature or controversial elements can and should be a part of many RPGs. But how do you know what topics to include or leave out of your games? How do you include potentially difficult elements while ensuring that nobody’s game night is ruined? Consent in Gaming gives you the strategies you need to make sure everyone at the table has a great experience, even when the game goes in a challenging direction.
Download at https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product...sent-in-Gaming
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #3383
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The two books in Octavia Butler's "Parable" series are $4.98 total on Amazon US. $1.99 for "Parable of the Sower" $2.99 for "Parable of the Talents"
Sower: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HALO4Q
Talents: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HALPHC

What's really weird is the omnibus edition of the two books is currently $20.71
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:35 PM   #3384
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryhermit View Post
The two books in Octavia Butler's "Parable" series are $4.98 total on Amazon US. $1.99 for "Parable of the Sower" $2.99 for "Parable of the Talents"
Sower: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HALO4Q
Talents: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008HALPHC

What's really weird is the omnibus edition of the two books is currently $20.71
The 2-book omnibus has been on sale for as low as $1.13 (in 2017) so people who follow this thread should check before getting these.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:46 AM   #3385
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
In today's Amazon.co.uk Daily Deal:

Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H P Lovecraft, by H P Lovecraft is 99p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Necronomico...5609690&sr=1-5

Quote:
THE NECRONOMICON collects together the very best of Lovecraft's tales of terror, including the complete Cthulhu Mythos cycle, just the way they were originally published. It will introduce a whole new generation of readers to Lovecraft's fiction, as well as being a must-buy for those fans who want all his work in a single, definitive volume.
maddz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:43 AM   #3386
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddz View Post
In today's Amazon.co.uk Daily Deal:

Necronomicon: The Best Weird Tales of H P Lovecraft, by H P Lovecraft is 99p
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Necronomico...5609690&sr=1-5
Thanks, at the moment it is $2.99 on Amazon.
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 03:35 AM   #3387
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
The Fifth Head of Cerberus by Gene Wolfe is $2.99 on Amazon.com

Signal to Noise by Silvia Moreno-Garcia is $0.99 on Amazon.com
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:46 AM   #3388
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleing View Post
Thanks, at the moment it is $2.99 on Amazon.
.99 now. Very tempting! But I've got just over 20 to last me until the 23rd.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 01:57 PM   #3389
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
.99 now. Very tempting! But I've got just over 20 to last me until the 23rd.
Still $2.99 for me, though there's another version at $.99?
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #3390
lkmiller
Laura
lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lkmiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Kobo Elipsa, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8", Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Still $2.99 for me, though there's another version at $.99?
In the US, I'm seeing two Kindle editions. One for $2.99, no publisher listed, and the preview doesn't show any TOC. At $3.99, there's a Hatchette/Gateway version which looks like it's definitely worth the extra dollar...YMMV.
lkmiller is offline   Reply With Quote