Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-08-2023, 03:35 PM   #1
Podium
Podium began at the beginning.

Device: N/a
Multiple Windows on MacOS Editor

Hi!

I'm a big fan of the Calibre ebook editor, and use it almost daily in my work as a production editor.

I'm running on Windows, but a coworker of mine is using the MacOS version. And on their version, they are running into an issue on Mac where they are unable to open multiple windows at the same time.

Often times we need to copy content from one epub to another, so it is helpful to have two different epub open in the editor at the same time. I'm able to do this easily on Windows. But whenever they try it on Mac they can only see one epub open at a time.

I am not very experienced with Macs and I don't have the other computer in front of me, so I can't say for sure if this is a Mac issue or a Calibre Editor on Mac issue, but it would be a huge help if anyone knows if this issue is solvable.

Thanks!
Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2023, 10:25 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Opening multiple editor instances works fine on macOS as far as I know, though I am currently travelling and cant check myself. You can always bypass Apple's single application instance policies, if that is what is preventing you, by directly running the editor executable, /Applications/calibre/Contents/MacOS/ebook-editor
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2023, 03:17 PM   #3
Podium
Podium began at the beginning.

Device: N/a
Thanks for the reply!

As I mentioned, I'm not too familiar with macOS, so it sounds like that could be the issue, but I don't really know.

Would you mind providing or pointing me to where I could find steps for how I could try bypassing that?
Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:14 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Open terminal.app
type

/Applications/calibre.app/Contents/MacOS/ebook-edit

press enter
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote