Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-21-2018, 09:02 AM   #91
cobrax3
Connoisseur
cobrax3 began at the beginning.

Device: PW1
oh, god, lol had no idea )
i was doing ls /etc/uks and the pubdevkey01.pem was there
i also ran the jb.sh from the same root prompt over the serial. i have no idea if it was another partition, nor that it existed another partition and if i accessed that LOL
the diag partition is identical to the normal one?
and if the damn **mkk keys** message appear when i boot the device, doesn't that mean that i did it right?

i am not opening it up again, no way, it was a delicate task and the device is now gifted
if i can jb it via normal usb, great. if not, too bad.
i will get home in a few hours, will check the log then, if it captured it. how do i know what partition/system was it?
thanks a million again
cobrax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:29 PM   #92
cobrax3
Connoisseur

well, the log didnt go back enough to when i used jb.sh
but at each reboot i got this:

Welcome to Kindle!

kindle login: info hardware:no_wan::WiFi only device. No WAN found
info system:emiting_event:loaded_ppp_async:
info milestone:9.53:fs00:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_ppp_async:
info filesystem_keys:not applicable for this device type::
info system:emiting_event:loaded_fakekey:
debug sytem:event_emitted:loaded_fakekey:
info filesystems_var_local:runfixup:Running /var/local/system/fixup:
info jb_bridge:install_mkk_dev_keystore::Copying the kindlet keystore
info filesystems_var_localB PARAMS:FreePageSize:2048 bytes.

this seems to me that the bridge is working, right?
Advert
Old 02-21-2018, 03:25 PM   #93
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
nfo filesystems_var_local:runfixup:Running /var/local/system/fixup:
info jb_bridge:install_mkk_dev_keystore::Copying the kindlet keystore
/var/local/system/fixup is the call to our bridge code.
You don't see a message about the device certificate being copied. (controls/validates installation)
You do see the "Active Content" developer keys. (used at run-time by active content apps)
The two do not have anything to do with each other.

Going by your posted description - you over-wrote the *.pem file when you loaded an image to un-brick it.
AFTERWARDS, if you looked, you would have found 2 (two) not 3 (three) *.pem files.

So hook up the serial port, put the *.pem file back on it.
Once that is done, you don't need the serial port and can close it back up.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #94
cobrax3
Connoisseur

no,no i didn't overwrite any file, and there were 3 of them there. i remember perfectly that. and one of them was the developer one. initially there were only 2 of them.
i am 99% sure that right now they are still there. they were in the folder when i closed the device, and afterwards i only installed the 2 versions of the hotfix that you pointed me towards. so there is no reason for me to think that now there are only two of them.
unless they were in that mirror partiotion you were talking about, but i dont know how to check that. this diags system has this exact folder in the same place?
is there a way for me to check the existance of the file over usb?

edit:
now i remember that most of the stuff i did was from the nnormal root prompt. when the kindle boots up, normal boot, it says something like hello, welcome to kindle
user root
no pass, because i had edited it in passwd
so i think that was the normal partition, not mirror whatever diags is

edit 2:
so, if i am correct, and the pem is there, doesnt that mean that it's just the hotfix that doesnt work with 5.9.4? after all, i installed/tried to install it after the official 5.9.4. which gave me error 4!

Last edited by cobrax3; 02-21-2018 at 03:45 PM.