Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-24-2021, 09:07 AM   #1
Cemeles
Cemeles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Ways to change displayed PDF title

Hello,

I've been trying to change the PDF title displayed on my Kobo Libra H2O with a metadata plugboard. It appears to make no difference. If I change the title manually in Calibre, it also changes on my Kobo.

Is there a way to either make the metadata plugboard work, or to automatically change the title in Calibre, for PDFs only, in the same way I would for metadata plugboards. E.g. concatenating title and shelf to form a new title.
Cemeles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:49 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I don't do much with PDFs but I know there are issues with updating the metadata in them. It is to do with how it is stored and whether calibre or other tools can update that.

But, if updating the title in calibre works to be seen on the device when you send the PDF to the device, then I would have expected using a metadata plugboard would work. And even if it didn't, the driver should be able to update the metadata on the device when you reconnect. If the driver is configured to update the metadata on the device, this will be checked each time the device is connected.

What does the metadata plugboard look like? Metadata plugboards are specific to the format and device. Is your plugboard for PDF or using "any format"? And set to the correct device? If you are using the KoboTouchExtended driver, the plugboard needs to be for that, or for "any device".

I have just tested this with a plugboard set for PDF and the built-in KoboTouch driver. The template was simply:

Code:
PDF {title}
This updated the title when I sent the PDF to the device, and updated the title for the PDFs on the device in the same way.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2021, 08:24 PM   #3
Cemeles
Cemeles began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Thanks for the reply David!

I should have had a closer look at what my plugboard actually looked like. I had only set it for epub. Your explanation cleared that up. Setting an additional plugboard in the following way:

Code:
pdf:KOBOTOUCH = ([{title} [{#shelf}]] -> title)
works fine. In other words, the following template works when set for PDF and KOBOTOUCH:

Code:
{title} [{#shelf}]
Cemeles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, pdf, plugboard