Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 01-26-2021, 12:12 AM   #1
cm1
Enthusiast
cm1 doesn't littercm1 doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook
Stretching Images on a PB

I read epubs with embedded images (e.g. illustrations in fiction books). Since my PB's screen (Touch HD 3) is small, I like to stretch out the images to look at them in detail. Yes, I know how to use my two fingers and perform a stretching motion, but my problem is this: the images do zoom in, but they snap back to the original (small) size after a few seconds, and all text in the epub are subsequently enlarged.

What am I doing wrong?
cm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
On my PB 633 I touch the imagine, then it appear a circle, I touch the circle and I can enlarge the imagine. Not so intuitive...
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2021, 03:22 PM   #3
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
With firmware 6.xx the images are enlarged by clicking on them. With firmware 5.xx this is not possible.

An example on the PocketBook InkPad X ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10fU...w?usp=drivesdk
cellaris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:15 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
On my PB 633 I touch the imagine, then it appear a circle, I touch the circle and I can enlarge the imagine. Not so intuitive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
With firmware 6.xx the images are enlarged by clicking on them. With firmware 5.xx this is not possible. ...
You just game a reason to upgrade from 5.19. Thanks!
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 09:53 AM   #5
cm1
Enthusiast
cm1 doesn't littercm1 doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
Quote:
With firmware 6.xx the images are enlarged by clicking on them. With firmware 5.xx this is not possible.

An example on the PocketBook InkPad X ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10fU...w?usp=drivesdk
Thanks, that worked & no it wasn't intuitive ... the process wasn't even described in the manual!
cm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2021, 08:32 PM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1 View Post
Thanks, that worked & no it wasn't intuitive ... the process wasn't even described in the manual!
Well, I like the image features of 6.1.900, but now my page numbers are way off. A book that was 577 pages before the upgrade is now 989? This is supposed to be the built-in, ePub numbers. So I guess it's back to 5.19.x for me. I don't want my eReader changing page numbers on me.

Is this a known issue?
Old 01-28-2021, 12:42 PM   #7
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by cm1 View Post
Yes I discovered it by chance.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 05:30 PM   #8
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Well, I like the image features of 6.1.900, but now my page numbers are way off. A book that was 577 pages before the upgrade is now 989? This is supposed to be the built-in, ePub numbers. So I guess it's back to 5.19.x for me. I don't want my eReader changing page numbers on me.

Is this a known issue?
It is strange. In firmware 6.xx the option to view the remaining pages to end the chapter has been added. The rest of the options should be the same as in firmware 5.xx. Maybe you have unchecked the last option.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/115-...w?usp=drivesdk
Old 01-28-2021, 06:34 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
It is strange. In firmware 6.xx the option to view the remaining pages to end the chapter has been added. The rest of the options should be the same as in firmware 5.xx. Maybe you have unchecked the last option.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/115-...w?usp=drivesdk
No, that's not it. When I uncheck that option (at the current font size) I get 1800 and some pages. I'm guessing the ePub "engine" is more strict now (they say something about ePub 3 support) and that particular book wasn't done quite right. I hope this Gutenberg book is an exception and not the rule.

Last edited by rcentros; 01-28-2021 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Misspelled Gutenberg
Old 01-28-2021, 06:56 PM   #10
cellaris
Addict

I remember a case in another forum of wrong page numbering, but it is different from yours.

https://www.e-reader-forum.de/t/rc-v...5/post-2409175

I don't often use PBReader, but I haven't had that problem with books when changing firmware (I still use the reader program for EPUB 2).

I had other problems that were solved with a factory reset.