Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #1
doubledutch
doubledutch began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3
Organization of Library

Hello,

Just registered to this forum and this is my first post. I have owned a Pocketbook HD3 for about a year now and I am really pleased with it. However, there is one thing that I do not like: the library entries. I have the feeling that I am doing something substantially wrong or that there is some sort of bug.

I edited my books with Calibre (latest version) and made certain that all authors were spelled correctly. When I then check the library of my pocketbook I see that, in many cases, there are several directories for just one author. To mention one: for John Grisham I have three directories: Grisham, Grisham, John and another Grisham, John, although I am certain that I did not misspell his name in Calibre. Also, the number that is shown after the name of the directory (which stands for the number of books in each individual directory, I suppose), are often incorrect.

I have found more than ten authors where this error pops up. Does anyone recognize this? Is there a remedy?

Many thanks!
doubledutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 03:58 AM   #2
jpijper
Enthusiast
jpijper began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3 (PB632)
Yes, I do recognize this. Often the same author appears more than once in the Authors list. However, when I check the Books folder, I can see that in the file system there is only one folder for that author.

I can't find anything consistent about this and I have learned to ignore it. I never use the Authors list anyway: I use collections and the Search functionality.
jpijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 04:50 AM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
May be something different in the file content.opf in the <dc:creator>... tag?
I don't really know but this is the first thing I can think.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:02 AM   #4
doubledutch
doubledutch began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
May be something different in the file content.opf in the <dc:creator>... tag?
I don't really know but this is the first thing I can think.
Thank you for your response, but I am afraid that I do not understand it. How do I access the tag you are referring to? Sorry, still a newbie...
doubledutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:09 AM   #5
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
Open the book in the calibre editor or with Sigil and see in the file content.opf.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:01 PM   #6
a_librarian
a_librarian began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-650
I have the same issue: with some authors, there are two entries in the author list with different number of books. However, when no matter which entry I choose, the books are all there after all. That makes it difficult to find out, which book could be the problem. I had to check 27 books and in fact found a difference:
In most books the file was 'content.opf' and the dc: creator was in the format '<dc:creator opf:role="aut" opf:file-as="(author)">(author)</dc:creator>'.
In one book the the opf-file was named differently and had the format '<dc:creator xmlns:ns0="http://www.idpf.org/2007/opf" ns0:role="aut" ns0:file-as="(author)">(author)</dc:creator>'
However, simply changing the dc:creator entry in this book didn't appear to fix the issue. Could it be, that the problem is not in the entry but in the opf-file name?
a_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote