Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2018, 01:14 PM   #1
maydocsach
maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hands on Kindle Paperwhite 4

Received my Kindle Paperwhite 4 today.

I was super impressed with the new box, the thinnest ereader box ever.
It looks like a chocolate bar.

The current firmware is 5.10.0.2 and I can't find its firmware on Amazon support page.

Checkout all the photos and my short hands on the All-new Kindle Paperwhite

Please comment if you want a video or compare it with Kindle Voyage or Kobo Clara HD. I will do some comparison if have time tomorrow.

Last edited by maydocsach; 11-07-2018 at 01:43 PM. Reason: resize image
maydocsach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:40 PM   #2
maydocsach
maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maydocsach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Anyone know how to get the firmware 5.10.1.2?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...4HPVAW86CHYHKS
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 01:43 PM   #3
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Can you fill in the lbanks in this text for yours, so we can start workign on the wiki, or feel free to edit it yourself?
G000?? - Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFI (??<country store you bought from>) - PW4.8gb

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 01:51 PM   #4
maydocsach

Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
Can you fill in the lbanks in this text for yours, so we can start workign on the wiki, or feel free to edit it yourself?
G000?? - Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFI (??<country store you bought from>) - PW4.8gb

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
G000PP - Kindle PaperWhite 4 (2018) WiFI (Japan) - PW4.8gb

I have a 32GB one also, will check and let you know tomorrow
Old 11-07-2018, 04:53 PM   #5
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Fine, beat me with getting yours first then.

I saw some updated reviews today from large websites. Both mentioned it's kind of sluggish as the main negative, which I expected since they don't seem to update the RAM, but it seems fine from reviews for turning pages.

Going to look at your pictures now, thanks for sharing. And you're right that box is just odd.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 PM   #6
DeepVoid
DeepVoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Angry

Just received my new Kindle, with a very bad surprise: Calibre can't detect the new device, even if the OS can see it and browse its contents. Can't find a solution for this issue :-(

Any hint?
DeepVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:10 PM   #7
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepVoid View Post
Just received my new Kindle, with a very bad surprise: Calibre can't detect the new device, even if the OS can see it and browse its contents. Can't find a solution for this issue :-(

Any hint?
Patience until the developers update Calibre for the new device??
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:14 PM   #8
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Kovid took care of it a few hours ago, it'll make the next release.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:15 PM   #9
DeepVoid
DeepVoid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by induna View Post
Patience until the developers update Calibre for the new device??
Just feared of some hidden surprise by Amazon, to cut away third parties softwares.

If just patience is needed, it's not a big issue, I can have all the patience in the universe. I can bottle my patience up, and sell it across the entire Solar System
DeepVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:52 PM   #10
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
Since I won't get my PW4 until my sister visits Mexico in January, I like hearing about them from those more fortunate.

I don't understand why some reviews say not having buttons is a negative. It also doesn't have wheels, solar cells for charging, or a socket for a buggy whip but none of those are listed as negatives.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:56 PM   #11
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Kovid took care of it a few hours ago, it'll make the next release.
I have 3.33.1 Calibre 64bit which. That is not the latest?
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:08 PM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlock415 View Post
I have 3.33.1 Calibre 64bit which. That is not the latest?
Latest released (Oct 19, 2018).

The version with the PW4 fix has not been released yet.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:11 PM   #13
Harlock415
Connoisseur
Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Harlock415 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Latest released (Oct 19, 2018).

The version with the PW4 fix has not been released yet.
Thanks. I see that now by visiting the Calibre site. Considering how often they release updates I feel confident that it will be soon.
Harlock415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:22 PM   #14
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Yikes, didn't consider that on Calibre. Hopefully they are able to release an update soon, it's good the developer is so on top of things.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:28 PM   #15
mikeayers
Zealot
mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikeayers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 10thGen, Kobo Clara HD
in the worst case scenario, i am assuming we could still use Calibre to email a book the new PW... (i hope). Amazon tells me I will be able to find out on Friday!!
mikeayers is offline   Reply With Quote