Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Twain, Mark: The Innocents Abroad (Illustrated and annotated) v1. 23 August 2013

The Innocents Abroad, or The New Pilgrims' Progress is an 1869 travel book based on a series of letters written mainly for the Alta California, a San Francisco paper that sponsored Mark Twain's participation in the trip to Europe and the Middle East in 1867 aboard the steamship Quaker City. The book describes countries, nations, incidents and his amazing adventures, and was his best selling work during his life.

The Innocents Abroad has been very much a collaborative venture with grannyGrumpy; she found and transformed the more than two hundred images in the ebook, and I selected, placed, and sized the images and marked up the text. I am delighted to thank her for her superb work.

The footnotes in the book have been identified by lower case letters. I was impressed by Mark Twain's knowledge of literature, the graphic arts, and scripture, and have annotated the the references as they occur. The annotations are identified by numbers, and like the footnotes have been placed in their own section at the end of the ebook. I have inserted many "scene breaks" in the text, have used present day usage for place names, and have modernised punctuation and spelling.

As always please let me know of any typos or spelling mistakes.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Innocents Abroad, The - Mark Twain.epub (12.39 MB, 887 views)

Last edited by AlexBell; 08-23-2013 at 07:10 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote