Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 07:23 AM   #1
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Question [Android] CC Manual Update Error

To chaley or whom it may concern:

As per this post, I used this link to the files on chaley personal server to download V5.4.4.1-full.apk and so update my Google Play full version of CC installed on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 (SM-P350) running Android 6.01.

However, with the V5.4.4.1-full.apk already installed (and working fine to browse my on-device library) when I tried to connect to the content server of my Calibre Library on my PC, the app said the license was invalid and that the app was going to close (and so it did).

I re openeded the app, backed up the app data (through the app options) uninstalled the app, re installed the Google Play full version and restored the app data: nothing lost, mind you, it's working again with no problems neither with the content server conection nor local library browsing.

However, my question is: how am I supposed to update the app now?

Awaiting your kind reply,

[INCANUS]

Last edited by Incanus; 03-05-2019 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Incomplete post, minor typo.
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:14 PM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
FWIW , I used that same version and have used my content server OK, several times
I think I just installed the linked one as an update: I did not remove the google store version beforehand. maybe you did that and it removed the license ?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:12 PM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I don't know what is happening. The content server connection does not check the license so you should never get that error. The fact that you are getting it implies that you are using the wireless device connection, not the content server. It is also worth noting that many others have upgraded and no one else has had this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is to upgrade again, run CC and get the error, then send me a CC debug log as described in this FAQ.

One thought: be sure that CC has access to the internet when you do your first wireless device connection.

Last edited by chaley; 03-05-2019 at 04:43 PM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 04:40 PM   #4
Incanus
Incanus

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
I think I just installed the linked one as an update: I did not remove the google store version beforehand. maybe you did that and it removed the license ?
I also overwrote de Google Store version with the new apk.

[INCANUS]
Old 03-05-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
Incanus
Incanus

Question [Android] CC Manual Update Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
[...]One thought: be sure that CC has access to the internet when you do your first wireless device connection.
Thanks for your prompt reply!

I'll try all your suggestions and report back on the results, both succesful or otherwise.

[INCANUS]

Tags
android, calibre companion, samsung, tab a, tablets