Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-17-2010, 09:07 AM   #106
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
PC side would be good, and probably much quicker. I don't use Calibre to organise my books, I only use it for converting files. I have my own organisation system, and I'm not sure if that would mess everything up or not.
Calibre lets you define your own arbitrary categories so you can probably make it conform to your oranization system and needs. Your mileage may vary, as they say, but they do have a nice tutorial video on their website...
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:01 AM   #107
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
I'd like to see basic PDA apps for a touchscreen device:

1) Calendar (in some open format like iCal)
2) Notepad (text files)
3) Sketchpad (draw and erase, save to PNG)
4) To Do (hierarchical)

I'd be carrying such a device anyway, and a 5 or 6 inch reader is a better size for reading and planning than a phone or a PDA and more portable than even a netbook.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2010, 09:33 AM   #108
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by capidamonte View Post

+1
Quote:
2) Notepad (text files)
+1
Quote:
+1
(btw: you can get this funcion if you create a new note and edit it, in fact its saved in bmp but it should be no problem to convert it )

Quote:
4) To Do (hierarchical)
Also +1
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:50 AM   #109
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
2) Notepad (text files)
you have my vote
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:13 AM   #110
hardgainer
Invisible Man
hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.hardgainer could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Pocketbook360,Kindle K4
Dictionary. Concise Oxford or collins one.
hardgainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 09:44 AM   #111
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I'd love it if we were able to edit html inside the reader itself. I download a lot of fanfiction and many of them have spelling and grammar mistakes. I'd love to be able to correct them in the reader.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 06:09 AM   #112
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
I don't need anything more than a connection to my laptop for downloading books and texts, so for me the wireless system is superfluous, but I like the 903 for the big screen size and the possibility to quickly scribble corrections and notes in texts I wrote myself.

Ideal for kids doing homework and writers:

It would be nice to quickly make correction scribbles first in a text and then plug in an external full size keyboard and type in the corrections on the 903. But no scribbles and only a usb for a keyboard would be OK too. Maybe for the 902?

If there would be no way to make text corrections with an external keyboard on the 902 but that option would exist for the 903, I would definitely choose the latter.

Last edited by Lode; 09-17-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #113
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I'd really appreciate being able to scribble right on the page of a text as I could on my ebookwise....but on it, I couldn't export my scribblings.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #114
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
I started a normal thread asking if it was possible to change the information displayed in the 'information' screen of a book in the bookshelf, to ask if it was possible to add book descriptions or summaries, whether it be automatic, based off metadata, or manually.

No one came up with an answer, but there seems to be some interesting in thinking that would be an awesome feature.

See this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98252.

I'd love to know if it's already possible, or if it might be implemented in the future. It would make deciding what to read SO much easier.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #115
navels
navels began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
On my PB360, I'd like to be able to have the folders sorted alphabetically *and* the books sorted by publication date.
navels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:42 PM   #116
Lode
Zealot
Lode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the roughLode is a jewel in the rough

Device: Onyx Boox M92 White, Max Carta
Thanks to guru in another thread -about Pocketbook's screens- I found out a few to me important possible features, which I wrote about in my above post, replacing my now obsolete wish list in that post with those hopefuls. See 4 posts higher on this page.

Last edited by Lode; 09-17-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Lode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:19 PM   #117
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I'd love a more advanced graphic calculator Not a book, I know, but get it appealing to those HP calculator guys too...and geeks like me
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:25 PM   #118
knightzx2000
knightzx2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by clifton View Post
Imagine when studying you can draw your mindmaps from within the books and when studying go back from the mindmaps to the parts in the book where you originally made the mindmap. Would be really helpful when using the reader as device to study on.
VOTE
knightzx2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #119
knightzx2000

Quote:

2) Notepad (text files)
4) To Do (hierarchical)

I'd be carrying such a device anyway, and a 5 or 6 inch reader is a better size for reading and planning than a phone or a PDA and more portable than even a netbook.
VOTE
Old 09-17-2010, 10:28 PM   #120
knightzx2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lode View Post
I don't need anything more than a connection to my laptop for downloading books and texts, so for me the wireless system is superfluous, but I like the 903 for the big screen size and the possibility to quickly scribble corrections and notes in texts I wrote myself.

Ideal for kids doing homework and writers:

It would be nice to quickly make correction scribbles first in a text and then plug in an external full size keyboard and type in the corrections on the 903. But no scribbles and only a usb for a keyboard would be OK too. Maybe for the 902?

If there would be no way to make text corrections with an external keyboard on the 902 but that option would exist for the 903, I would definitely choose the latter.
VOTE