Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-21-2022, 06:49 PM   #16
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
This is one where I’m not sure if I’ll reread as an ebook or not. The occasional footnotes require a few more hops than on the printed page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by issybird; 04-21-2022 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Oversize image deleted.
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 08:15 PM   #17
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
Odd. As far as I can see (using Safari on my iMac) all the pictures have been deleted, but they show up in Tapatalk.
If you attach images, as issybird did, rather than embedding them, then a thumbnail is displayed. Clicking on the thumbnail displays the image.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-21-2022, 08:51 PM   #18
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
perhaps the problem is Tapatalk, which happily posts photos no matter how large they are.
The problem is Tapatalk, but it’s readily resolved by attaching all images. Not by continuing to do what wasn’t working.

Quote:
However, I take issue with the post being moved here. I had intended for it to be a showcase of what we read on Kobos. By moving it here, it’s become a general reader post, which I'm sure there are plenty already in existence. I understand I can't police what people post in here, but is it alright to change the title to be Kobo-centric? I tried to change the topic to "What are you reading on your Kobo? Share a photo!", but it only sticks for my first post, not the thread. If it's too much work to edit the main thread's title, perhaps you should just delete this entire discussion. I'll have to start over. :|
Why differentiate between what is read on Kobos and what is read on other devices? There was a time here of Jukes and Kallikaks; let’s not revisit. In any case, I repeat: posts about books belong in this forum. Making posts about books somehow about the device seems bizarre to me, but I’ll change the header. And don’t start over; thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
If you attach images, as issybird did, rather than embedding them, then a thumbnail is displayed. Clicking on the thumbnail displays the image.
Exactly.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2022, 09:25 PM   #19
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
There was a time here of Jukes and Kallikaks

Exactly.
apropos of not much, thanks for this reference I'd not heard of before - I wonder what the chances of publication would be today for a work entitled "A Study in the Heredity of Feeble-Mindedness"?
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:44 AM   #20
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Following the recent discovery of Endurance I am currently reading Ranulph Fiennes' biography of Shackleton. An interesting look at a famous explorer from the viewpoint of another famous explorer.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1651131800
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shackleton.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	193489  
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2022, 02:21 PM   #21
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Kobo Glo HD,iPad Pro, Sony 350 and T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Just posting the covers from the last 5 books I've read.

I see you must buy the Baen monthly bundles too.
kyrilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 08:18 PM   #22
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

KOReader's History function is also handy for making next reads easier to find again - the top row in this screenshot shows from right to left my current read and the next 2 I'm planning to read.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	history.png
Views:	646
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	193617  
Old 05-05-2022, 09:14 AM   #23
kyrilson
Fanatic
kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyrilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #24
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrilson View Post
That cover makes it look like you spilled something on your Kobo
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 02:55 PM   #25
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashjuk View Post
Following the recent discovery of Endurance I am currently reading Ranulph Fiennes' biography of Shackleton. An interesting look at a famous explorer from the viewpoint of another famous explorer.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...1&d=1651131800
An image that small does not need to be attached.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:05 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I am reading A Rule Against Murder. It is the 4th book in the Chief Inspector Gamache series by Louise Penny. This is an excellent series. The characters make this more so then the murders.

Name:	cover.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	743.4 KB
ID:	193628
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 03:18 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
An image that small does not need to be attached.
Much like the manner in which perfectly acceptable images are included in posts do not need to be commented upon.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 04:39 PM   #28
kyrilson
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
That cover makes it look like you spilled something on your Kobo
I know! I did a double take the first time I looked at the picture and looked at my Kobo! One of the spots towards the upper right made me wonder if I had dropped something wet on it. Pretty good artwork, if a bit abstract.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:37 PM   #29
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Here's my contribution. I'm re-reading the old Dragonlance Chronicles trilogy. It's pretty cheesy, but it's an enjoyable page-turner of a series.

I do miss the original covers. I have surprisingly had no luck finding nice, large scans. Such a popular series, lack of decent quality first edition covers is weird.

Maybe I should throw my own paperbacks on the scanner... I'll likely never get around to it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20220506_171119026.MP.jpg
Views:	747
Size:	797.3 KB
ID:	193653  

Last edited by ZodWallop; 05-06-2022 at 01:40 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2022, 11:51 PM   #30
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

This one is for @Sirtel - what better way to celebrate starting a new (for me) series than with a "safe" screenshot
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	naked.jpg
Views:	567
Size:	616.2 KB
ID:	193664