Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-23-2011, 01:19 PM   #61
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Well, everyone --- Kobo was throwing a feint out.
It's actually the Kobo Vox which is the exciting news!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/23/k...ookish-myster/
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete this post

Last edited by JSWolf; 09-23-2011 at 03:17 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 01:33 PM   #63
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timoleon View Post
Well, everyone --- Kobo was throwing a feint out.
It's actually the Kobo Vox which is the exciting news!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2011/09/23/k...ookish-myster/
Where the reading app will be just as buggy as the ADE on all the other Kobo readers.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:35 PM   #64
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Why is it that when companies think to make improvements, they actually are taking giant steps backwards?

Kobo took an approach to handling changing fonts and setting in ADE causing a major font embedding bug.

Facebook decides to make the wall a pile of hot fresh stinking dog poo.

So who else is next to majorly ruin something that should be good?
Old 09-23-2011, 02:28 PM   #65
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latch View Post
Does anyone really use Windows phone? I thought the market was pretty much shared by Apple, Android and Blackberry. Windows-based phones have always been crap and there is no traction whatsoever on that platform. I can't see it being that.
I don't think it is that either but windows phone 7 is far from crap. With the Mango release imminent it is actually an extremely solid platform and really deserves more attention. I am an IT guy and I am always using a different platform just so I know how to support them all. Right now I am running Windows phone 7.5 and I am very impressed. Personally, I like it better then Android and it does a bunch of things better then iOS. It is a shame that people are looking at past performance (windows mobile) and assume that their latest and greatest must suck too.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 05:12 PM   #66
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I did. I can't sell what I don't have. Haven't received it back from Tech Support yet. Was told it was mailed Monday. So, next week it'll be back in the Flea Market for $75. If anyone's interested...
It was delivered today. Will post in the Flea Market now.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 03:20 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
It was delivered today. Will post in the Flea Market now.
Have you double checked that it's working?
Old 09-30-2011, 02:04 PM   #68
ekster
Currently without a title
ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Don't know if anyone noticed or not, but they added some more info on these new features.

http://blog.kobobooks.com/

Quote:
Kobo Pulse comes to Reading Life™, Plus eBook Integration with Facebook®
eReading’s about to get more social. This fall, you’ll be able to gauge the pulse of a book with Kobo Pulse, an exciting addition to Kobo’s social reading platform Reading Life!
With Kobo Pulse you can:
• Feel the life of a book: Watch a book’s pulse get stronger as comments are added and more readers are reading!
• Get more out of reading: See what others thought of what you just read and get interesting stats, such as how many others are reading with you.
• Connect with others: Connect with friends and a community of almost 5 million Kobo readers around the world!