Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
Problem with Firmware 1.9.11

I have the microSd card problem with the new firmware (1.91.11 r32877 9/23/11)- when reading a book loaded on the card occasionally it will close the book (always bookmarking) and then the books from my microSd card will disappear. Others on this forum have reported the same problem.

I downloaded a new book from Kobobooks (which loads into the internal memory) and started reading it this morning and discovered the same problem happening. The book will occasionally close and return to the home page. The only difference is that the book I am reading remains on the home page where the microSD books would disappear.

When I remove my microSd card the problem goes away which makes me think that the software problem

Anyone else experienced this?
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 01:39 PM   #2
Tangent
Tangent began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Yes, there are a few threads about this. More people are reporting this issue and it isn't resolved with doing a factory reset. It's a real pain... plus other weird issues with the library and short list icons kicking you back to the the first page of the library every time you select something. This has been the worst firmware update of them all for me since now I can't use my SD card anymore until it gets fixed (if it ever does).
Tangent is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert