Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 04:02 AM   #1051
susanpearson
susanpearson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi have you resolved this problem as exactly the same thing happened to me? I have been successfully using Calibre and the Goodreads plugin on Windows for ages but I have a new MacBook Pro which I am setting up with my apps etc.

Did you install the beta that was mentioned in the post below yours? If that is the fix I just need to work out how to do that on a Mac lol.

Thanks
susanpearson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 04:26 AM   #1052
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
It's easy: download the zip file to a directory and, in Calibre, Preferences->Plugin->Load plugin from file
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:51 AM   #1053
Waylander
Fanatic
Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waylander ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 SE, Onyx Boox Poke 3
Beta works. Well done and thankyou.
Waylander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:34 AM   #1054
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Any one tried the beta on a Linux box yet? I can see reports from Windows and Mac users, but don't see anything from a Linux user. I'm planning to release this officially over the weekend but I'd like that confirmation first.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 11:47 AM   #1055
appoloin
appoloin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Works for me. Linuxmint 18.3 Cinnamon
appoloin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:52 AM   #1056
BananaTricky
BananaTricky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks for the beta, this had been driving me mad for the last week, all working perfectly now.

A
BananaTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 01:07 PM   #1057
gwaldon
gwaldon began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Can't Authorize Plugin

Hi there,

I just installed this, went to "customize plugin," and clicked "authorize plugin." It gave me an error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

So I came to this thread and found the beta version posted last weekend. Uninstalled the first plugin, installed the beta, and now it gets a bit closer. It gives me the dialog box asking if I've clicked "allow access" on the website, but it only opens an empty window in my browser. So there's nothing I can click.

Any ideas where to go from here?

I'm using the latest version of Calibre (3.14) on a Mac (10.13.2).

Thanks!
Tandava
gwaldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #1058
kepi
kepi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Any one tried the beta on a Linux box yet? I can see reports from Windows and Mac users, but don't see anything from a Linux user. I'm planning to release this officially over the weekend but I'd like that confirmation first.
works for me on Debian Unstable. Only problem so far was to find latest beta in this superlong thread
kepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 09:58 PM   #1059
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwaldon View Post
Hi there,

I just installed this, went to "customize plugin," and clicked "authorize plugin." It gave me an error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory

So I came to this thread and found the beta version posted last weekend. Uninstalled the first plugin, installed the beta, and now it gets a bit closer. It gives me the dialog box asking if I've clicked "allow access" on the website, but it only opens an empty window in my browser. So there's nothing I can click.
That's another symptom of the Goodreads changes that have been discussed recently. The beta version of the plugin I posted last week will fix this.
Old 12-16-2017, 09:59 PM   #1060
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepi View Post
works for me on Debian Unstable. Only problem so far was to find latest beta in this superlong thread
Thanks. I'll arrange to get the update released.
Old 12-17-2017, 01:12 PM   #1061
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Thanks. I'll arrange to get the update released.
Thanks, davidfor. Since kiwidude was the original recipient of any PayPal donations, but is no longer active, is there some way to send a bit your way?
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:53 PM   #1062
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
How do you get past the dashes for spaces that GR uses for their shelves?

I tried to set the uploading of shelves to a non-dashed spaced tag but they won't load.

I have way too many tags that are all lower cased with dashes. Would be great to not have them.

I have managed to work the heck out of this plugin, but those tags with dashes kill me.

Last edited by Rellwood; 12-19-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #1063
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
How do you get past the dashes for spaces that GR uses for their shelves?

I tried to set the uploading of shelves to a non-dashed spaced tag but they won't load.

I have way too many tags that are all lower cased with dashes. Would be great to not have them.

I have managed to work the heck out of this plugin, but those tags with dashes kill me.
I don't think you can. I just tried creating a shelf called "Shelf with space in it" on Goodreads. It was created as "shelf-with-spaces-in-it‎". I would say that the Goodreads API is rejecting names that don't match their naming rules.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:23 AM   #1064
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Many thanks for fixing this!
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 05:07 AM   #1065
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Thanks, davidfor. Since kiwidude was the original recipient of any PayPal donations, but is no longer active, is there some way to send a bit your way?
Oh! I used the PPal button in the first post, the transaction worked, who's the recipient then?
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads