Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #16
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
In the jailbreak files, is K3 really Kindle DX and K3i Kindle DXi? I wasn't sure.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM   #17
luvmy4brats
Connoisseur
luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.luvmy4brats solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
In the jailbreak files, is K3 really Kindle DX and K3i Kindle DXi? I wasn't sure.
Not 100% certain, but I think so. Nothing will happen if you put the wrong file on, The Update your Kindle will stayed greyed out.
luvmy4brats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 05:56 PM   #18
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Just used these for my K2 US and it worked. Thank you!
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Thankyou! Updating the first hack and waiting to do the screensaver one. You people are so clever.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:23 PM   #20
navygirl
navygirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K2
I am sorry i am new to this., could someone give me directions on how to make this work.
navygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 09:11 PM   #21
yuenslhk
yuenslhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Can someone make a uninstaller for the new 2.52 unicode font hack hack ? Thanks
yuenslhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 PM   #22
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Woohoo! My screensavers are back - ! I'm a happy, happy Kindler - hopefully fonts aren't far behind, then I'll be darned near ecstatic! (Yep, I want it ALL!)
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
lovesangelrn
lovesangelrn began at the beginning.

Thanks clarknova and nogdog (from whose site I got the hack files). I installed the screensaver hack onto my K2i with 2.5.3 with no difficutlies
lovesangelrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 PM   #24
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
Yes! No more dead authors haunting me! Thank you!
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #25
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Oooh, I have done this many times before without a hitch, but this time I had some issues and thought I had bricked the kindle. The first time I loaded the first file, it allowed me to update, but it stayed on the updating page for 20 minutes without the bar loading at all, until I decided to hold the sleep button for 15 seconds. It restarted, but received this error message which told me to contact Kindle Customer Service! I thought maybe this was the error message everyone got, so proceeded to upload the screensaver. When I plugged the kindle back into the kindle it said it wasnt charging.
Anyway, updated the screensavers but it didnt work.

Did the whole process over again, and it worked perfectly. You guys rock! Bye Bye authors.

Last edited by Pushka; 06-16-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 01:25 AM   #26
jonnyICT
jonnyICT began at the beginning.

Device: K2 US
I hate to start my tenure on this board on the bad foot, but I'm having trouble with the 2.5.2 SS hack.

I have a K2 US and followed the instructions carefully. I jailbroke the unit using the correct .bin and installed the hack with the correct .bin as well. No problems so far.

After a while I decided I didn't want the hack anymore I tried to use the correct UNINSTALL .bin and it would NOT uninstall! My settings screen still says "+ SS 0.3" There were no errors during the actual update.

I even tried reseting defaults and starting all over from step one but I still can't get the hack uninstalled.

Any help??
jonnyICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #27
rollercoaster
Zealot
rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.rollercoaster once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarknova View Post
So I repackaged it to create the key uniquely. This also means that the jailbreak doesn't ever need to be uninstalled. I've attached the updates for all 4 models.
can we apply any updates that are released by amazon later on.. i.e uninstall the jailbreak package if needed?

Last edited by rollercoaster; 06-17-2010 at 07:02 AM.
rollercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:18 AM   #28
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyICT View Post
I hate to start my tenure on this board on the bad foot, but I'm having trouble with the 2.5.2 SS hack.

I have a K2 US and followed the instructions carefully. I jailbroke the unit using the correct .bin and installed the hack with the correct .bin as well. No problems so far.

After a while I decided I didn't want the hack anymore I tried to use the correct UNINSTALL .bin and it would NOT uninstall! My settings screen still says "+ SS 0.3" There were no errors during the actual update.

I even tried reseting defaults and starting all over from step one but I still can't get the hack uninstalled.

Any help??
Thanks, Johnny, for noticing. This was totally my fault. If you re-download the new package, the uninstaller will now work as it should. My apologies.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:25 AM   #29
shiris
shiris began at the beginning.

Device: kindle dx
Clarknova, does your screensaver hack work with 2.5.3?

Thanks in advance for the awesome work!
shiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:36 AM   #30
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollercoaster View Post
can we apply any updates that are released by amazon later on.. i.e uninstall the jailbreak package if needed?
Yes, you just uninstall any hacks (besides the jailbreak) and install the update from amazon. I will add the jailbreak uninstaller (that simply deletes the new key) later today because so many people have been worried about it possibly preventing amazon official updates (though they really shouldn't).

Quote:
Clarknova, does your screensaver hack work with 2.5.3?
I don't have 2.5.3, but others have reported successfully installing it on 2.5.3.
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote