Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 05:34 AM   #1
Johnmuzy
Johnmuzy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Copying Styles

I am new to Sigil and looking for some help.

I have a number of books that I wish to convert to epub and would like to keep the same styles for all of them. I have created a "Lorem Ipsum" doc formatted with all the styles I need - body text, verse, table, hanging indent, references etc. Although I am not familar with .css, I am trying to learn and recognise the basics.
My question is, once I have a set of styles that I wish to use for all my books, can I simply copy/paste the css code into a new document after opening the new document and deleting the existing code from the new document?

Sorry if this sounds rather basic - I couldn't any reference to this on searching the forum.

Many thanks

John
Johnmuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Yes, you can do that. If your style rules don't use classes or ID's, but are directly applied to HTML elements, then it would work without any problems.

If you're using classes or ID's, then you'd have to add those to the HTML code of the other books to make it work.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmuzy View Post
I am new to Sigil and looking for some help.

I have a number of books that I wish to convert to epub and would like to keep the same styles for all of them. I have created a "Lorem Ipsum" doc formatted with all the styles I need - body text, verse, table, hanging indent, references etc. Although I am not familar with .css, I am trying to learn and recognise the basics.
My question is, once I have a set of styles that I wish to use for all my books, can I simply copy/paste the css code into a new document after opening the new document and deleting the existing code from the new document?

Sorry if this sounds rather basic - I couldn't any reference to this on searching the forum.

Many thanks

John
In the Book Browser, you can "add existing item" to the style sheet .

So if you have some favorite style sheets , add them so you can then, use them.
Sounds like a huge job editing/adding class=whatever to more than a few items.

Maybe Valloric will invent some simple to use style/tag tools

From within the CSS.

Count Uses in document of selected. (current,you must copy the class type, paste into a Find. Open the first page in code view, click at the top to set the start point, Select All HTML in the Find , then click Count)

Class replacer
Replaces the Class portion for x type tags. Nil replace value, Removes
respects Tag types ticked (Invert option: All BUT ticked)

Class me tool.
Add a "span class=yada" to selected text in Book view.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote