Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: April 2010 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
The Egg and I by Betty MacDonald 19 25.33%
Topper by Thorne Smith 5 6.67%
A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole 10 13.33%
My man Jeeves by P G Wodehouse 2 2.67%
A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court by Mark Twain 7 9.33%
Fool by Christopher Moore 3 4.00%
Augustus Carp, Esq. - Being the Autobiography of a Really Good Man by Henry Bashford 0 0%
A Damon Runyon Omnibus 1 1.33%
Lamb: The Gospel According to Biff, Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore 10 13.33%
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde 16 21.33%
Candide by Voltaire 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #16
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
That sounds good, but what if the tiebreaker poll ends in a tie?
May I suggest that then we break up into smaller groups until the next month; but I really like the idea of first attempting to keep everyone on the same page.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:16 AM   #17
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Who's in for some lessons on geometry and theology?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector View Post
That sounds good, but what if the tiebreaker poll ends in a tie?
I won't vote in the tie breaker. So, if that ends in a tie, I will have the tie breaking vote. Sort of like how the vice president can break ties in the senate.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #19
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I won't vote in the tie breaker. So, if that ends in a tie, I will have the tie breaking vote. Sort of like how the vice president can break ties in the senate.

BOb
Works for me!
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Fool, or Lamb? Both sound good to me. Anybody want to campaign a little to help me choose?
Go for Lamb. Religious humor can be really funny. Remember Monty Python's Life of Brian.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 11:56 AM   #21
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Works for me!
I don't know Tom, I kinda like Biden.....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:09 PM   #22
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I don't know Tom, I kinda like Biden.....
I love Biden! Name another Vice-President who can make you smile just by the way he introduces the President?

Now I know why Obama picked him. His much-touted experience was just frosting on the cake; Joe Biden's main purpose is to entertain!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:13 PM   #23
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I love Biden! Name another Vice-President who can make you smile just by the way he introduces the President?

Now I know why Obama picked him. His much-touted experience was just frosting on the cake; Joe Biden's main purpose is to entertain!
I thought that was great!
Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #24
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

At the moment, I'm torn between Fool and The Eyre Affair. Both incorporate literature into their humor. One is sci-fi, the other is a period piece. Both look good.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-26-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #25
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Man, I don't know what to vote for. It's between "Topper," "The Eyre Affair," and "Confederacy of Dunces." Hrmmm.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:50 PM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
At the moment, I'm torn between Fool and The Eyre Affair. Both incorporate literature into their humor. One is sci-fi, the other is a period piece. Both look good.
Lamb is a period piece as well. It's just a lot older period.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

A vote for Lamb is a vote for a LOL/ROTFLYAO experience. A vote for anything else is a vote for a why did I vote for this experience.

Also, Lamb is cheaper to buy then The Eyre Affair. Plus some of you might be lucky enough to get Lamb from the library.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-26-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #28
kennyc

Looks like Eyre is well in the lead! Yeah!

I just checked my library, no ebook, but the audio book is available.

And keep in mind if you don't vote right, this could happen to your country too:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35988484...ience-science/
Old 03-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #29
TC Beacham
Great Beach Reads!
TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TC Beacham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Rita Mae Brown didn't make the cut, huh?
TC Beacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #30
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Beacham View Post
Rita Mae Brown didn't make the cut, huh?
I think it wasn't available as an ebook.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote