Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-14-2010, 09:54 PM   #1
Kiwa Interactive
Kiwa Interactive began at the beginning.

Device: iPad and QBook
Post QBook - Touch enabled kids book for iPhone and iPad

Hi All,

I'm a software developer from New Zealand and I've developed an interactive children's book format for iPhone and iPad called QBook. I've been lurking on the forums for a few weeks and found myself coming back to the site more and more often, so I've finally signed up and this is my first post.

QBook is a world first in children's ebooks, some of its unique features are Swipe-to-Read: you just run your finger over the text to hear it read aloud, tap a word to hear it and tap and hold to hear it spelt. The target age group is 4 and up... anyone learning to read or learning a new language. So far we have multiple languages in each book with US English, French, Spanish, Portuguese and NZ Maori. Our next releases include German, Italian and Japanese... we're working on adding Chinese language at present. The apps also include modules that draw on content from the book, Seb's Tail Lite has Wordfind and Memory games, which are also in multiple languages.

You can watch a 1 minute demo video on youtube http://youtube.com/kiwamedia or if you have an iPhone download the free demo from http://itunes.com/apps/kiwamedia - Check our website for more background information http://kiwamedia.com/qbook .

We believe QBook will show people that the iPad is not only the best ereader out there but also unbeatable as an educational device. We already have our QBooks working on the iPad simulator and the extra screen real estate really shows our books at their best. We have content from independent publishers as well as Penguin NZ and we have received expressions of interest from lots of publishers over the past few weeks.

We're a small business and we've funded the development ourselves, but we feel we've made something that shows what the iPad can do. Of course we tested it on our kids... and they love being able to explore the words at their own pace, its certainly helped with my children's literacy development. I'd like to invite members from this forum to try out our QBooks and provide some feedback here.

Luke Tomes
VP Technology
Kiwa Media
Kiwa Interactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #2
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Looks very cool!
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
ipad, iphone, kids, kids ebooks, qbook