Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
question regarding freezed pocket pro

can importing and reading non adobe pdf freeze the unit.

recently i bought a new computer and decided not to install any adobe anything and got a complete package from nuance including pdf create.

i created a pdf with it and transferred to the pocket pro.

everytime i open it, it invariable crashes. and freezes.

is this a non-adobe pdf problem? should i go with adobe pdf only?

thanks in advance.
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:59 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
You should be able to read most PDFs with the Adobe reader on the pocket pro. The most compatible PDFs for ADE are those in PDF/A format - so see if that is an output option with pdf create.

There is also xpdf as an alternative, open a PDF that works and select xpdf from the menu - it will be your default PDF reader until you switch back to Adobe.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert