Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #1
Robotech_Master
Fanatic
Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robotech_Master ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Loading Stanza on jailbroken iPhone/iPod Touch?

I recently jailbroke my iPod Touch, and was poking around to see if there was a way I could use ssh/scp to load files into Stanza's directory on the device—I really really hate the way that the Stanza desktop app will only load a single book at a time, and would like to be able to copy entire directories over.

But when I looked under the directory, I didn't actually find any *.epub files. It looks almost like loading them onto the phone might explode them into their component directories while it does it? Is that right? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Is there any simple way to copy epub books directly into Stanza's directory on the iPhone, or am I just wasting my time? :/
Robotech_Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
But when I looked under the directory, I didn't actually find any *.epub files. It looks almost like loading them onto the phone might explode them into their component directories while it does it? Is that right? Or am I just looking in the wrong place?
That's exactly what it does. Gave me a headache when I tried backing up my iPhone with just a little over 500 books. After 24 hours, it was barely at 50%. Ended up deleting Stanza and losing all the books I have downloaded just so I can upgrade the firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech_Master View Post
Is there any simple way to copy epub books directly into Stanza's directory on the iPhone, or am I just wasting my time? :/
The folder, I believe is: /var/mobile/Media/DCIM/Stanza
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert