Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
RebelGirl76
RebelGirl76 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wireless ereader
Cool unable to connect to my own wifi

I got a kobo wireless ereader for Christmas that i dearly love however I try to connect to my home wifi and it will not allow me to connect it always comes back unable to connect to wireless network and i dont know whats wrong with anything why will it not allow me to connect? anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by RebelGirl76; 01-25-2011 at 01:09 PM. Reason: forgot to ask questions
RebelGirl76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Search down in the forum and you'll find previous postings from others that had problems and solutions in most cases. A couple of things that come to mind would be if you are using WPA1 protection the Kobo doesn't like long (more than 6 digit if I remember) passwords or non-alpha numeric characters in it. WPA2 doesn't have these problems. Also, for no apparent reason if you use the show password option (i.e. it leaves the letters and numbers rather than replacing them with *) when entering the password it won't connect. On a more basic level, have you added the Kobo MAC address if you are using MAC address filtering.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Take it to chapters and see if the wireless is defected. But maybe take it to a friends house who has wireless and see if it works there.

Hope this helped
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:08 PM   #4
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
I had this problem connecting to our WEP-encryted network. I knew the 26 character password wasn't the problem, because my husband was able to connect with his Kobo.

What worked for me was doing a factory reset of the device (under advanced settings.) This will reset your device back to out-of-the-box condition and you'll have to add your books back to your Kobo. For some reason, after doing that I was able to connect to our WiFi.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote