Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 06:07 PM   #106
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Smile For Umpi.............

Umpi, my local Waterstones has 650's in stock along with a lot ofother readers (iRiver etc..), also accessories, big display, all in a generic packaging - blueish - and not in the normal packing. All have the same look, you have to read the box to see the right one, really !
All a bit strange - but they also had 650 covers .
Don't know what's going on there.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #107
umpi
umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Umpi, my local Waterstones has 650's in stock along with a lot ofother readers (iRiver etc..), also accessories, big display, all in a generic packaging - blueish - and not in the normal packing. All have the same look, you have to read the box to see the right one, really !
All a bit strange - but they also had 650 covers .
Don't know what's going on there.
Thank you for the info
umpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2011, 07:34 PM   #108
Clap42
Clap42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I bought a PRS-350 from Borders that was shipped on January 24th. It took 17 days to get here but I did get it. It was delivered by Canada Post in BC.
Try checking your spam folder for any emails.
I hope it's just a matter of time for you.
Thanks Wetdogeared for your answer. I have checked my spam folder of course, and nothing.
I know it's only 7 working days since my order (11 days in total), but what worry me is that I didn't received my order confirmation email, and the lack of answer to my emails by Borders. I thought they have a better customer service... But as the Credit card payment has been registered, I suppose I just have to be patient...

I just checked Borders' website, and the Sony PRS-350 is at $180 now ($130 when I ordered it), and is back-ordered (it says: usually ship within 2 weeks). This may explain the delay... but I would have like Borders to be polite and to answer my emails anyways. :-(

Last edited by Clap42; 02-22-2011 at 07:39 PM.
Clap42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #109
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clap42 View Post
Thanks Wetdogeared for your answer. I have checked my spam folder of course, and nothing.
I know it's only 7 working days since my order (11 days in total), but what worry me is that I didn't received my order confirmation email, and the lack of answer to my emails by Borders. I thought they have a better customer service... But as the Credit card payment has been registered, I suppose I just have to be patient...

I just checked Borders' website, and the Sony PRS-350 is at $180 now ($130 when I ordered it), and is back-ordered (it says: usually ship within 2 weeks). This may explain the delay... but I would have like Borders to be polite and to answer my emails anyways. :-(
I called them at their toll-free phone number and they answered my question about my missing tracking number. You might try calling them to find out the status of your order.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 09:19 AM   #110
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
Ordered PRS-950 over a week ago

and it still has not shipped. The listed shipping time (2/19-2/23) has passed and I received no response to my e-mail, even though they state that they will respond within 24 hours. I called and got the over seas customer service. They were super nice, but had no information for me. They told me that they didn't want to give me misinformation so they didn't give me any info. I used 2 gift cards and really hoped it would ship. It doesn't look good and this is inside the U.S.
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2011, 06:59 PM   #111
umpi
umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.umpi has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Shirley View Post
The listed shipping time (2/19-2/23) has passed and I received no response to my e-mail, even though they state that they will respond within 24 hours.
Dear Big Shirley: consider I placed my order for the 950 at Border US on 22nd January and it has still not shipped...
Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 AM   #112
Big Shirley
Enthusiast
Big Shirley began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2, Galaxy S, Nook Color, Sony PRS-950
Umpi, that really stinks

I honestly don't know what to think. On the one hand with the chapter 11 it may never ship; they have bigger problems. On the other hand with the chapter 11 they may have some limited ability to purchase new stock and perhaps filling these already existing orders for big ticket items would help them get turned around. I hope it's the second one. Please let us know if you get it.
Big Shirley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:16 AM   #113
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpi View Post
Dear Big Shirley: consider I placed my order for the 950 at Border US on 22nd January and it has still not shipped...
Try to get your money back. It should be possible to retrieve it, just talk to your bank. If they were drawing the money from your bank account, not you sending it to them, you are licensed to get it back. But you should act as there is a time limit to this.

I once had the same problem and I talked to the bank who said it is possible to get it back, then send the company an email saying if they would not answer until ... I'd file fraud and retrieve my money. Turned out they were bankrupt, but were now able to answer my mail, something they hadn't done for two weeks!, no mail answers, no call answers! I got my item ASAP with a second as a gift...

Act, or are you rich enough to let that money go down the drain?
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:00 AM   #114
umpi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Try to get your money back. It should be possible to retrieve it, just talk to your bank. If they were drawing the money from your bank account, not you sending it to them, you are licensed to get it back. But you should act as there is a time limit to this.
This is not a problem as my credit card has not been charged. They only charge when the item is shipped (not my case)
Old 02-25-2011, 12:29 PM   #115
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpi View Post
This is not a problem as my credit card has not been charged. They only charge when the item is shipped (not my case)
Then go ahead and order one from the Sony store. You can do so using USUnlocked or borderlinx or any other of the forwarding companies meantined already. For me a month of waiting would be enough.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 AM   #116
MillieBob
MillieBob began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRST2
PRS 650 Discontinued

I ordered the Sony PRS-650 from FutureShop.ca back in December and it has been on backorder since. Today I received an email from FutureShop.ca cancelling my order because the PRS-650 Readers are no longer available. I did call FutureShop and was again told that the PRS-650 is Manufacturer Discontinued. Does anyone know if there is a new model coming out soon? I didn't find anything on the Sony site - just that the PRS-650 is out of stock.
MillieBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #117
maxbookworm
Addict
maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maxbookworm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Galaxy Note 2
That's weird. It's in stock at the Sony Store in the US.
maxbookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:50 PM   #118
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Sure is in stock. Both the red and the black.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:18 PM   #119
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Red is in stock at Sonystyle.ca.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #120
WendyH
Enthusiast
WendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toysWendyH shares his or her toys

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650
Sony Style Australia no longer shows the red PRS-650 as an option. They no longer have "Available In" and the little coloured squares of black and red like they do with the PRS-350 and the three colours it is available in. The black one is out of stock again anyway.
I don't get what is going on with Sony and their Readers!

Last edited by WendyH; 02-28-2011 at 06:09 PM.
WendyH is offline   Reply With Quote